Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my np205 has 2 large tapped holes in the side and a heavy rod that went from these holes to one of the trans bell bolts.it added support i guess.im not going to be able to run this with the exhaust im gonna run.ive heard of another similar mount that goes from the same 2 holes to the frame.should i fab something up?is there some type of chevy mount like this?
its a big block chevy eng, t 400,np205 in a fullsize jeep.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Fords use a mount off the left hand side of the T-case. two pieces, one attached to the frame, one to the case, both L shaped. the over lapping part of the L has a bushing between them. You should be able to find the mount at most any yard that has older fords (mid 70's) or you can build one form angle or bend up some plate.. I would not pay more than a few $$ to buy a mount at the yard.. Too easy to build...If you need pics, post back and i'll go snap a few.

·
Registered
518 Posts
yea I was wondering the same thing and could you please post a pic so i can make one like yours.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I took one off a ford and drilled the holes out larger. Ford uses three hole and my chevy 205 had two. The bolts are 5/8 i think. Anyway, i shit canned the body mount and welded the bracket to the frame and bolted it to the t-case. Simple!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts