Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Pirate 4x4,

I'm attempting to move a NP205 across country (Mass to Texas) and United has a limit of 50LB per bag. I'm thinking of disassembling the 205 in MASS and "shipping" each part in a different bag.

The Case is the part that worries me. Anyone know what one weighs completely empty? My thoughts were to ship the case in one bag, then maybe the gears in their own individual bag.

Flying doesn't cost me anything, as my flights are all free.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I just pulled mine apart, here's what I got. Married Ford case with the side mounting lug cut off. I removed that a long time ago so I don't know exactly what it weighed, but if I had to guess I'd say 3#. The empty case weighs 49.5# so if the lug was still on it would be over weight.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Why not use the money you saved by not paying for your flight and ship it assembled. This just sounds like a bunch of work only to save a couple $$.

·
Safety third!
11,378 Posts
Why not use the money you saved by not paying for your flight and ship it assembled. This just sounds like a bunch of work only to save a couple $$.
Where's the fun in that?

$50 is $50. Why spend it on shipping when you could put it towards other cool shit.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Where's the fun in that?

$50 is $50. Why spend it on shipping when you could put it towards other cool shit.
For $50 im sure as hell not lugging a transfer case though an airport. Like, who the fuck even thinks about traveling with their transfer case?

"tooth brush, check.. phone charger, check.. extra drawls, check...... fuck, almost forgot my transfer case!" :homer:

·
Safety third!
11,378 Posts
For $50 im sure as hell not lugging a transfer case though an airport. Like, who the fuck even thinks about traveling with their transfer case?

"tooth brush, check.. phone charger, check.. extra drawls, check...... fuck, almost forgot my transfer case!" :homer:
If he were doing this more than one isolated time, you would have a point.

And for $50, you bet I'll let it ride on the same rolling wheels the rest of my luggage does when I fly. It'll be really tough moving it along. :homer:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts

you dont want to travel with me.

me and the tsa....yeah...not so good a history there:laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts