Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you make a np205 that came behind a th400, bolt up behind a th350?

i know the input spline is different, but is there a collar that can be changed/ ect...

i already have a built th350 i want to run, but i just got a killer deal on a
th400/np205, the th400 is crap, but i want to run the np205 behind my th350... thanks:beer::beer:

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
wow... wish i could provide you with a case, and an input.... I have the case. I can probably rustle up an input.

the hard part would be to get a bearing that has the right OD, and the right ID, and the right thickness. all you would need are the dimensions for the parts, and a bearing supply store... ie "Bearings Incorporated".

if you could find the right bearing, you could do it, but without that bearing, you need to swap the parts into another case... or find another case thats all together.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
what about just making a bushing to fit? use the 400 bearing and th350 input and make something in between. that would be very simple. But what about a seal?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
what about doing an ord doubler w/ a th350 version 203 then mate it to your current 205??????????

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
The transfer case you have is a lot more desirable than the 350 version, so try and find someone to trade you. Just make sure you get the adapter and sleeve in the trade.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
what about just making a bushing to fit? use the 400 bearing and th350 input and make something in between. that would be very simple. But what about a seal?
not a bad idea, odin.
the seal might be findable just like the bearing, too.

the problem i see is the th350 adapter wont provide a register for the TH400 bearing.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
your better off just getting another case and either keeping the th400 one or selling it. i wouldnt fuck with it simply because its worth more as is than riggint it up. that and 205s are easy to find especially the one your looking for.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
i would start look for a th350 203 to fit between your 32spl 205 and the th350. yes it will ultimately cost you $1000+ depending on how much fab you can do in house, but it will be insanely benifical long term.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
have you checked in with advance adapters yet ??
they make a lot of stuff mabe even a 4 - 6 bolt adapter i have seen em on th 400 with a 27 spline output so mabe they make a 32 spline output for your 350 tranny and a spacer - adapter to mate up your 4 bolt to the 6 bolt adapter
but i like the 1 idea of just buy and them resell your current 205 or - trade for a true 27 spline 205 with adapter and coupler
Good luck hell id do it but shipping kills it 4 me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts