·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
bronco78 said:
GM; FORD; CHRYSLER NP205 TC BEARING KIT
$125.00
T172R
From National Drive Train
I ordered my np435 and np205 complete rebuild kits from them...
The kits came with EVERYTHING needed and then some.. ( extra gaskets and such ) and i believe together they cost me about 225. needless to say, i recommend them.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
stupid question, but....
I started to take apart my tranny-np-435 and it needs bearings and suck,,,, a rebuild basically. when I get around to it is this something I can do myself(with basic tools) having never rebuilt anything other than my engine- using the schools tools--if no what tools will I need>? sorry for my newbie post:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
joes75bronco said:
stupid question, but....
I started to take apart my tranny-np-435 and it needs bearings and suck,,,, a rebuild basically. when I get around to it is this something I can do myself(with basic tools) having never rebuilt anything other than my engine- using the schools tools--if no what tools will I need>? sorry for my newbie post:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Theres not much to it... i rebuilt and painted mine in my kitchen when i was living in wyoming.. You will need some tools though, a long reach 3 jaw bearing puller works for the input bearing.. the mainshaft rear bearing can be "pressed" off with a hammer and creative positioning .. or a 3 jaw puller. HTH

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
are there any links you guys have to good size blown up diagrams of a 435 and 205... also a website with some tech about the actual rebuild for both.
thanks for the help

... I searched google and found this. this is wonderful. step by step.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
anyone have anymore info for this thread? so is national drive train THE place to get this stuff? or are there others?

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
joes75bronco said:
are there any links you guys have to good size blown up diagrams of a 435 and 205... also a website with some tech about the actual rebuild for both.
thanks for the help

... I searched google and found this. this is wonderful. step by step.
believe it or not.. Haynes has a good blow up diagram of the 205.. but they dont have any tranny diagrams.. It is really simple and self explanatory once you tear into the tranny. very easy.

You might consider converting your 205 to twin stick while youre in there. do a search on here and youll find all the necessary info.

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
joes75bronco said:
anyone have anymore info for this thread? so is national drive train THE place to get this stuff? or are there others?
Its not the only place to get the kits, but i recommend them because i didnt have any problems with them or their parts.. and i think it only took like a week to get everything.. even in BFE (aka wyoming)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts