Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I had my heart set on a Lomax case but seems JB is no longer doing them, nor can I find his 3:1 gear sets listed.

Is there anybody else doing replacement gear sets with a lower crawl ratio ?
or for that matter upgraded input shafts as I believe they can be prone to breaking at the oiling port.

·
blatant asshole
11,690 Posts
Nwf box is a better option than low max unless you got no wheel base.

He also makes super output shafts.

How much hp are you making?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Did you talk to JB and they actually told you they no longer make them?

To my knowledge they just run batches. If you're between batches it can be a long time before you can get a set.

I waited a couple months for a LoMax gear-set years ago but they came in within a week or two of when they said they would. They were very clear and honest with me about the wait times as a result of batches.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

To my knowledge they just run batches. If you're between batches it can be a long time before you can get a set.

I waited a couple months for a LoMax gear-set years ago but they came in within a week or two of when they said they would. They were very clear and honest with me about the wait times as a result of batches.
That's my understanding as well - give them a call vs online browsing.

I'd still go the NWF Black Box or ORD Magnum for more options, and I don't exactly have wheelbase to spare in the CJ.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Also, I believe you are misunderstanding the shaft breakages. I thought it was the rear output that RARELY broke at the oiling port. To my knowledge the input shafts are not known to fail. (Or maybe you just used the wrong word by accident.)

Does NWF no longer make the titan outputs?

·
blatant asshole
11,690 Posts
I knew nwf made output shaft, didnt know inputs had issues but ive been out of the loop a bit on them.

What ever you do, dont fall for that horse shit from bohemoth.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nwf box is a better option than low max unless you got no wheel base.

He also makes super output shafts.

How much hp are you making?
Please elaborate?
Is that the planetary reduction box that goes on the front of the 205 ?
as for HP, hoping around the 550-600HP mark to start with.

When I emailed and asked if they were still doing the Lomax cases the reply was
JB said:
No. Thank you.
That said, I'm planning to build a hybrid U4, to suit local Regulations (similar to FIA) and to do winch challenges here in Australia. So space is at a premium.

here's my current bus which I keep destroying.
The country we use would be as hard, if not harder than the Johnson Valley, and we probably do 6-700 miles during the week. factory suspension (all standard suspension mounts are a class requirement) just wont cut it regardless of the upgrades, if you're actually trying to race.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts