Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right in front of the input gear pilot bearing (front being towards engine) there is a washer type thing. I dont know what to call it or what its purpose is.

In this pic it is in front of #12 but its not #10 as it shows.
http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/gif/large/0900823d801003b6.gif

Anybody know where I can get a new one? Dealer is saying it only comes with the new input gear for $280 :shaking:

This is for my KluneV so I am not 100% sure that this part is for a 231 but since the rest of it is I dont know why they would make this special piece. I called Gary at high impact and he didnt even know what I was talking about. He thought it was part of the bearing.

I will get a pic in one second.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Looks like a thrust plate of some sort. Is there a shaft that rides up against that?

Clean out your inbox.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the output shaft rides against it. I think it also acts as a seal somehow to keep the fluid in the Klune and out of the tranny.

Cleaning box now...

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Booty Fab said:
That piece is supposed to be attached to the bearing.

It is kinda like a freeze plug.
Thats what I was told. I went to Napa and the new bearing didnt have the part attached to it.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help Booty fab. I got the new bearing (fc66561) from high impact in the mail today. The bearing is a single piece. The bearing I had before was a completly differnt part and was 2 differnt pieces.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts