Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I definitely want them. Is paypal ok? If so PM me with your Paypal address and shipping cost to 80012.

BTW: What's the spline count on that input gear?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Orangefj45 - Are you taking the planetaries off a good case? Is it possibly a GM pass drop case? What are you doing with the back section? I have a drivers drop and need a passenger drop. Wondering if I can convert mine??

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
i wish. these parts came out of a case that cracked due to the front driveline being too long. both halves were junk, but i do have most of the guts (had just been rebuilt) and the 2 extension housings.

internally, both cases should be the same, except for the shifter setup, the fluid pump and possibly the shift forks. the case halves and intermediate extension housings are different for sure, and the rear ext housing mught be different as well.

i think it would be way easier to just find a complete proper case.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
orangefj45 said:
i wish. these parts came out of a case that cracked due to the front driveline being too long. both halves were junk, but i do have most of the guts (had just been rebuilt) and the 2 extension housings.

internally, both cases should be the same, except for the shifter setup, the fluid pump and possibly the shift forks. the case halves and intermediate extension housings are different for sure, and the rear ext housing mught be different as well.

I figured it may be easier to just find another case, but thought i would check. :D thanks!

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
pretty sure rustynuts on here is selling one. i rebuilt it for him, it's got a new chain, rebuild kit and a short shaft conversion in it. worth a try.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not tryin to hi-jack, but Krylon, I have a 241d pass drop with a factory fixed yoke that I took the planetaries out of for my 231. PM me if you are interested.

Make sure the gear pitch is correct if swapping input gears, they changed them around 95.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
colorockxj said:
Not tryin to hi-jack, but Krylon, I have a 241d pass drop with a factory fixed yoke that I took the planetaries out of for my 231. PM me if you are interested.

Make sure the gear pitch is correct if swapping input gears, they changed them around 95.
Colorock,

If I understand correctly the planetary and input gear must have matching gear pitches to work together? Is there anyway to tell if I have a late or early gear pitch planetary (NP231)?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
orangefj45 said:

Would you be willing to throw in the shifter fork assembly? I'm thinking maybe I'll need to swap them also.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
orangefj45,

Sorry to keep dragging this out. What year planetaries are these? I will paypal you tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts