Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know in a chevy 241s and 208s swap. but, will a np241c bolt in place of a 208 in a dodge if i swap out the input gear to mate with the 727 output shaft? im pretty sure im going to get rid of the manual tranny in my dodge (np435 i believe), now i just need to make up my mind if i want to keep my divorced 205, or go with a married 241 (lower 2.72-1 and lighter weight) ive grenaded my fair share of 208s so that is out of the question.
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
You'd probably be better off with a Dodge 241. I'm not positive about the 208D, but the 241C and the 241D are clocked different (the difference is in the studs on the t-case. I'm in the middle of putting a 241D in my Chevy. Also, one bolt is different, Chevy has all 6 spaced equally, Dodge has one that is off about one bolt width, I'm planning to just slot out the one hole in my stock Chevy adapter. The 241C has a slip yoke, the 241D is fixed. And it should be easier to find a 241D as well.

Pete

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info pete. the reason i asked is because i already have a 241c left over from a previousy abandoned chevy project. too bad your not closer, we could swap your D for my C.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Actually I have both, I wanted the flat-clocking the Dodge case will give me, and the fixed output.

I'm assuming your 241C is RHD? If so, it should be worth a few bucks, particularly if it has a mechanical speedo output (as opposed to electronic). They only came in '89 Blazers and Suburbans, and its the only bolt in upgrade for all the '81-'88s that had the 208. IIRC the 241D RHD ran from mid '87-'93.

Pete

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think its an electric speedo (cant remember and havnt looked at it in a while) i didnt realise that 241d cases were fixed yoke. i figured on a sye if i used that case, but now for the money i would be better off selling it and getting a dodge case. i posted it for sale on here a couple days ago but had no bites.
anyways, thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts