Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
My leg clears fine..... 2 years after the install without any issues.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Do you still have the plastic shroud? Is it blue or grey? (From a 99-02 or an 03-06 truck)?
I do have the stock shroud. It's actually tan colored. But since I changed the direction of the arm by rotating it 180* the shroud doesn't fit anymore. I'm gonna leave it like it is for a while. I might get a boot for it later. and it won't interfere with my leg, it doesn't stick out very far at all from the center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while ignoring traffic.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
My linkage pars just showed up!! So this weekend I will crawl my ass under the truck and install it! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359771603.723320.jpg

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I installed the linkage yesterday and it's strange. Because of the fuel lines being in the way I can't get it to shift into 4 hi. But I have 2wd and 4 low. I also had to trim the linkage down and I think I might have trimmed a little to much. Since I think I'm gonna have to put another bend in it so that will clear the fuel lines, which will make it even shorter. I was gonna order a new one but it won't get to me until April 5th. So I'm just go with 2hi and 4low until I have a chance to move the fuel lines and readjust the linkage.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Got the linkage to work today. Added a bend and trimmed about 3/4" from the middle. Just a little cut sleeve and weld. Some rattle can and reinstall. Works perfectly!

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,213 Posts
Got the linkage to work today. Added a bend and trimmed about 3/4" from the middle. Just a little cut sleeve and weld. Some rattle can and reinstall. Works perfectly!

Pic of it installed? Not really necessary, I'm just curious.

It's supposed to be warm this weekend so I think I'm going to do mine then.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
It's so tight under there there's really nothing to see.

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,213 Posts

As promised. 3/8" all-thread inside a 1/2" 1/16" wall pipe, bent to my liking with mini-heims on the ends.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Looks good! I used the riding mower linkage parts and it works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have to do the wiring to get it to work in 2wd. I just installed the np241 in my 99 2500 suburban. I haven't done the wiring or all the linkage for the shifter yet. It wont shift out of first in 2wd though. Was wondering if that cause of the wiring.

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,213 Posts
Is your speedometer working? You ONLY need the VSS wired for it to shift in 2wd or 4hi. The switch wiring is only necessary to get it to shift in 4lo.

·
They call me Bondo
1,274 Posts
So I'm doing this very swap on a 99 Chevy Tahoe (old body style)
I got the tcase through transfercase express rebuilt with a jb conversions HD slip yoke eliminator.
When it came from tcase express it had a 3 wire VSS. But I swaped it out with one of the 2 wire vss on the tail housing of the 246. I tried every plug including green and purple and it's not reading shit!!

Is there a difference between the stock slip yoke and the jb conversions one. Why won't the vss read output?

I'm SAS with no abs deleted so could that be an issue?

Any insight would be great.
Thank you.

Attachments

·
LLY Escalade
679 Posts
ABS is unrelated. It gets its signal from the DRAC under the dash. If your speedometer isn't working then there are few things you need to check.

1. Pull the sensor out and make sure there is actually a tone ring installed on the output shaft of the transfer case.

2. Check that the green and purple VSS wires are good all the way to the DRAC by ensuring they have continuity from one end to the other with very low resistance (under 1 ohm) and are open loop to ground.

3. Check that your DRAC has power and ground.

I'd replace the VSS sensor before I replaced the DRAC. Both are readily available at any wrecking yard. You can modify your DRAC with DIP switches to allow for accurate speedometer calibration for your new tires. My SAS tahoe speedo is accurate to .5mph at 80mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So o bought a truck with this swap done...though it needed a trans swapped in a trans.... vss is wires to the 246 harness speedo doesnt work going to re wire

61 - 75 of 75 Posts