Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if a 435 was ever put behind a 302. I know they were behind a 351M quite frequently, but I want to keep the weight down.

Been trying to find a lakewood blowproof bellhousing to fit the 435 to the 302, but no luck finding one below 175$ (used).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I allready have a 435/205 combo. Plan to go with the dana20 later. Just plan on using the 302 for a little less weight.

thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
just go get a small block bellhousing from a 86 F150 that had a manuel tranny it will have a slave on the out side for the hydrolic clutch peddle and easy to hook up to the B2 :eek:

not real sure on the year but i know its out there in the 80's and you can use one off of the 6 cyl. too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i know the 3.8 has the same bolt pattern as the 302, I just wasn't aware that the 435 came behind the 302.

Not real sure what it is going in yet Alx. I sold the BII to Brian and am looking for something else (ex-cab ranger). Been buying parts here and there.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
it is also easy to hook to a RANGER if you get the mid 80's truck bell housing.... ALL you need is the bell housing and that tranny will bolt up to your 302

1 - 7 of 7 Posts