Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so here's the deal...
I'm helping my buddy get a game plan on starting his next rig. He picked up a ranger super cab frame and cab to build a ranger truggy. Plan is a 302/np435. After some research i've found that an NP205 doesn't really fit between ranger frame rails. Now add to the fact that he's got a NP231/d300 setup he bought for his YJ and didnt install it. So here's what I'm thinking.

We need the Ford NP435 case and bell housing to bolt up to the SBF. My idea was to use a 23 spline mainshaft from a dodge NP435 in the Ford NP435 case. And then cut the 23 spline input to work with either a D300 or his 231 crawl box. So will the dodge 23 spline mainshaft work in the Ford NP435 case?

I found this thread and it's mentioned but has anyone actually ever done it? Seen it done?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-hardcore-tech/114405-np435-dana-300-a.html

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I think I used a dodge shaft when I had OTT cut it as short as possible and resplined to remove the foot long adapter.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think I used a dodge shaft when I had OTT cut it as short as possible and resplined to remove the foot long adapter.
What did you do for an adaptor then? I'm just curious. This rig my buddy is building will have enough wheelbase for the adaptor since he'll be somewhere in the 112-115" range and these transmissions came in reg cab short bed trucks with a big old NP205 hanging off the back and 115" wheelbase.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
it has a NWF blackbox and a 205, ended up at the same length as factory 435/np205
nwf made a ~2" adapter for me

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
NP205 will fit fine in a ranger, I have a NP208 and it sucks but its in there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts