Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just shelled my ax-15 and my temp t-176 tranny and was wondering if anyone has measurements on a np435. what i am looking for is the measurement from were the tranny bolts up to were the shifter comes out? is it close to what a t-176 comes out? the reason i ask is that the dash intrudes into the interior so much that i think i might have problems. i am not against cutting the fawking tunnel i just want to know how much i have to cut :flipoff2:

also a side note who makes the cheapest np435 to 300 adapter?

thanks

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
When i still had a dash in my TJ , a 435 would clear... just barely. I had to modify the shifter to make a 90 deg. bend to the rear just as it cleared the shift tower... After i did that, i had about 1/2" clearance between the dash and shifter. I can try and get some pics tomorrow if you want... sans dash.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naaa i just needed to know if i had to loose my dash or not. i figured if i could fit a t-176 i could get a np435 in there. how did your skid plate look? could you get it flat?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on second thought could i get a couple of pics?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man that looks like its going to be a tight fit for a TJ. good thing i moved my motor all the way back (new mounts) and lowered it some. azzy you still have pics you say?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so anyone have the measurements? From the face of the tranny to the shifter?

·
Registered
361 Posts
kinda bringin back the dead here eh pal? I got a 435 in my yj... not too much different i suppose. I got the pilot bushing from novak, a clutch kit for a t150, and a slave cylinder for a 4 cylinder gm iron dookie, so early 80's jeep of some sort.. You'll have to find a new push rod for the slave cylinder and cut it to length. Instead of machining the bell housing i got the cps relocation from advanced adapters that moves the cps to the vibration dampner.... I'm not sure that they make this anymore... I'm not sure if tj clutch masters are the same as yjs but i got a different fitting from advanced adapters so you can use brake line with a regular fitting on the end.

·
Registered
361 Posts
and as a reference i had a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lifts, i had to put skid plate spacers to make my driveshaft angle halfway decent with a 101" wheel base.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Its not a 435, but I have an SM465 in my TJ and from what I recall from reading on Novaks site and around P4x4, the 465 shifter is still a hair forward relative to the bellhousing to transmission case mating surface.

It was a TIGHT fit and a kink in the shifter, but I left mine long and ape hangar like.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Thanks for posting up gents, these comments and tips help a lot. My TJ is pretty low so hopefully I can get away with a flat belly with a 1" body lift and a 1" motor mount lift if I need it.
The belly on that transmission is pretty low so it may hang down a hair. Mine doesn't have a skid below it but building a mounting system for some UHMW Vinyl currently. Planning on using some of the PTO cover bolts for the attachment. The belly skid is just for my T-cases on mine.

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
Its not a 435, but I have an SM465 in my TJ and from what I recall from reading on Novaks site and around P4x4, the 465 shifter is still a hair forward relative to the bellhousing to transmission case mating surface.

It was a TIGHT fit and a kink in the shifter, but I left mine long and ape hangar like.

For anyone throwing a np435 behind their 4.0, the shift tower is MUCH farther forward than the sm465. I have mine into position and I'll have to cut into the floor ducting just to make it clear AND I'll have to bend the shifter. I'm actually going to use a lever system for the shift linkage to make things easier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts