Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need to replace the front bearing retainer on a np435 that I'm putting in my bronco, when I removed the old one I noticed that it had 5 or 6 paper gaskets, searching around I found that they are used to shim it for proper end play. The problem is I don't know what the proper end play numbers are, anybody know or have a link to a manual? Anybody know if one of the small parts/seal kits will have enough gaskets? I'm assuming that I can't just use the same amount it had, or can I?

Brewchief:D

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
have fun getting those things. where I used to work we were having issues getting them to shim the preload on bearings for the main shaft. Is it possibly that you just reuse them?

I am sure you know how ot setup bearing preload.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
have fun getting those things. where I used to work we were having issues getting them to shim the preload on bearings for the main shaft. Is it possibly that you just reuse them?

I'm told the small parts kits have them, I'll see tomorrow, reuseing them problely not an option(didn't know there was a stack of them until it was off.)

I am sure you know how ot setup bearing preload

How close does it need to be? I'm kinda a close enough is good enough type with stuff like this..

Brewchief:D

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
take all the play out of the bearings and you will be fine.

as for the small parts kits and shims, thats a new one, all the small parts kits I seen never had them. If your does let me know where it came from so I can grab a couple kits for spare parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts