Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about swapping in an NP435 in place of the T-150 I now run in my CJ7. Anybody running this tranny? How do they like it? Anything I should be aware of? I was going to install a T-18, but came across this.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
The 435 is a better trany IMO

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I've heard both T-18 fans and NP435 fans claim theirs is better. Probably about a wash, and both certainly more heavy duty than most Jeeps can dish out. I think I'll pick it up and go from there.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The 435 has a lower first gear. It is also easier and cheaper to get.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I run the T-18 and love it with the 4 to 1 kit in the t-case. I have a friend who has a similar set up as mine and uses the 435 and you wouldn't really even know there is a difference unless someone told you. They are both strong and nearly bullet proof trannies. I say go for it.:D

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
Both are great trannies... either one will do ya good. I run a 435 mostly because it came with a bulletproof case bolted to the back of it (205) and i found a good price on em... :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, just what I wanted to hear. I am also targeting a 4:1 t-case gearing upgrade. My goal is to be around 100-115 crawl ratio without insane axle gears so I can use it on the highway if I need to and stay within tolerable RPMs at speed. Not a daily driver, only trail useage really, but sometimes I drive a long way to get there. No trailer...yet!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the 435 with the 4:1. D-300. 122:1 crawl and the tranny is pretty much bullit proof.

Bud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts