Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Here are some day light pics. I need a much longer shackle in the back as you can see in the last picture. I tried to flex on my brother's 37 but it didn't really work too well with front wheel drive and rear wheel brakes. The shackle inverting didn't help either. These ones are 4" eye-to-eye. It sits low in the rear even with 2.5" lift springs in the rear and stockers up front. Maybe like a 8" shackle or something to compensate for the angle and height.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Are you useing stock springs front and rear? Why didnt you just flip the springs front and rear, thats what i did and a SR at the same time and im sitting at 100" exactly, But mine sits level, are you gonnamake up the sagging with a longer shackle or whats the plan?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
NORCALFJ40 said:
Are you useing stock springs front and rear? Why didnt you just flip the springs front and rear, thats what i did and a SR at the same time and im sitting at 100" exactly, But mine sits level, are you gonnamake up the sagging with a longer shackle or whats the plan?
numtel said:
These ones are 4" eye-to-eye. It sits low in the rear even with 2.5" lift springs in the rear and stockers up front. Maybe like a 8" shackle or something to compensate for the angle and height.
:flipoff2:

I wanted something different and saw a picture of GloNDark's shackle off the back of the frame. That's where I got the idea for this.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
oh i see, Just cant go with the crowed huh? Gotta do the fancy stuff. :flipoff2: ,j.k man, Good lunk working out those collapsed shackles.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Fawk Awph said:
x2:eek:

didnt look that bad in the earlier pics.

Callen
Seriously. I leave town and all hell breaks loose.

So now the 6.5" shackles won't work? You need some custom Section525 8" ones? :eek: Those are $$$.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The springs have settled a little more than we anticipated, longer shackles will put it back to good, don't anyone worry. ;)

21 - 40 of 95 Posts