Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
section525 said:
Okay. We've (they've) been workin all morning. This is where we're at:

Rear axle; stock location:
Looks like you're not parking it in the garage anymore!!! IT's like the 10"" on my pu.:grinpimp: :grinpimp:

·
Registered
274 Posts
section525 said:
I'll build you some pimp ones when I get back. If.. if.. I can paint them pink.
How come you don't re-arch the springs?:confused:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Haven't built the new shackles yet, stay tuned though, saturday is the day i think.

·
Registered
287 Posts
93chico4by said:
Haven't built the new shackles yet, stay tuned though, saturday is the day i think.

oh...the shackles in post#41 look different from the earlier ones...maybe i'm just imagining things

malphrus

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I haven't really gotten it flexed good yet...My throttle got stuck when the body flexed and well... I was kind of scared to drive up a second time. I completely redid my throttle cable now so it won't happen again...hopefully.:eek: This picture was just over a week ago, I was just embarrased to post it.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love it, no shame. Most people just make up stories, you actually have provided me entertainment.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Love it :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
TTT with some updates:

new shackles are on, (oooo, dimple dies!)

:D

it sits damn near level now, well, more level front to back than it is side to side. :flipoff2: frickin "cruiser lean" as my bro calls it. And check out that sweet plexiglass window to replace the one busted in the little RTI incident. :smokin:

We also got him rolling on 4 shocks now,
one more pic for good measure:

Wheelin pics will be up this weekend ;)

Hopefully he can keep it on all four, or atleast 3. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm going to make you a new set when I get a welding table. Those welds are killing me. :( :shaking:

Wilson.. so far I have a 1.5" die. I'm thinking about getting a set here soon. I could have used your 1" on these. You can see having two 1.5" holes was pushing it. :D

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Yeah, a dimpled radius on both ends would be sweet too. Let me know if you want to borrow the 1" sometime, if you don't mind returning the favor. I got mine from xtreme crawlers, cheap!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Like the work so far.. Side note, the lower shock mounts are 90deg off. The way they are set now they can only pivot by twisting the bushing. This will cause the bushing to fail quickly or it will break the eye off the bottom of the shock.. The pivot point should be perpindicular to the axle tube if you plan on flexing the rig at all...

Keep the updates coming!

Chris:cool2:

·
Old Rock Doc
1,782 Posts
I would be worried about coming down hard on those shackle hangers and tearing them off the frame. There is not a lot of strentgh in those thin plates holding the shackle to the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts

Well, i finally talked him into facing his fears and taking it back to the ramp :D

He didn't even roll it this time. the front seems to be working really well, it maxs out the 9" travel shocks, which might be too much, the leaf pack goes WAAYYYY negative on compression, i am thinkin some bumpstops might be a good idea to keep from fatigueing(sp?) them too badly.

Here is a close up :eek:

41 - 60 of 95 Posts