Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
It was scary going up the ramp... Even in low range, with my stock crawl ratio I couldn't keep the thing from trying to get to freeway speeds. Next on the big list is an orion, oh and a traction bar. It's endless...:eek:

I don't think the rear shock mountings a problem, when flexed, the shock is not misaligned very much. About the shackle hangers, I think it will be fine. If they break off I'll just link the rear.:smokin:

·
Registered
844 Posts
yeah, we will definetly all have to get together for another 'con trip.
Here is his junk ready to go wheelin tomorrow:

Here is his junk after i did a little body work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
alright,

what birf are you running? theres no was the stockers would hold up to 37s.

its too bad you all arent in town tomorrow, im thinking about a snow run. ill see who i can get together.

later,
Callen

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
There stockers for now. I was fine on the last few snow runs. I've got a spare birf and both front axles. I'll have longfields next summer probably.

I know we'll be back up for a snow run on the 27th. We have to go to a cal4wheel meeting that morning then will be heading up the hill. Might be able to do something earlier. I think we might go to eagle lakes for a snow run on the 20th.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
A few small items..

grind the edge of those rear shackles round, before you split your melon open after crawling under the truck..
That long of a rear shackle is going to give you a bunch of side-to-side deflection, too.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I haven't really gotten it flexed good yet...My throttle got stuck when the body flexed and well... I was kind of scared to drive up a second time. I completely redid my throttle cable now so it won't happen again...hopefully.:eek: This picture was just over a week ago, I was just embarrased to post it.
it didnt do any damage to the top

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
it didnt do any damage to the top
Just broke the window on the passenger side when the cage flexed over. Nothing too bad, have plexi in there now. My top is a pos (just like everything else on there :flipoff2: ) and starts to come apart on the freeway so it's not like it was a nice hard top to begin with.

About the shackle...that's probably a good idea. I could just wait and it will happen on it's own.:grinpimp:

I was up at Bob's property today and had a ball. I did the lower creek trail and everything held up great. I drove most of the way with my cage in the dirt. I love my propane.:D I was very surprised with what my 20:1 crawl ratio and stock birfs pulled me through.

·
Registered
544 Posts
do u like ur rear shackle angle and rear ride height the way it turned out. u should get some longer shackles in the back and see if u like it any better.how did those shafts work out for yah,.i was in a rush when ur mom picked em up so i threw the outters in too.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
He must be running 55 springs on the stock hangers. If I want mine to have that kind of angle, I have to run too short of a shackle and then the rear end sits really low.
They are bronco springs with a double shackle. Flex pretty nice on a rti ramp but from what i seen last weekend yours has more of a "usable" flex.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts