Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a rebuilt nv3500 and he said he used an S10 front half with a full-size tailhousing and gears. It has a 32 spline output shaft.

I called AA to get the part number for an atlas and they tell me the chevrolet tailhousings have one bolt hole that is off from the standard NP 6-bolt circular pattern. When I looked at the transmission it looks like any other 6-bolt pattern i've seen but I wasn't looking for one hole to be off.

Does anyone here know for sure or can tell me what the normal 6-bolt pattern measures so I can see if mine is off?

While I'm asking can anyone tell me how the clutch slave cylinder works on the chevy full-sizes with an external slave, there is a small 5/8"-3/4" hole on the lower passenger side of the transmission bellhousing(although it's built into the case).

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK, found out apparently all the GM tailhousings are like this, one bolt hole is off and the rotation is different. On mine, there is a bolt hole on top at centerline of the transmission. Most are offset to the drivers side. Anybody got more info?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts