Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently finished a 383 SBC, NV4500 (early), to stock t-case install and have already twisted the f**k out of the spud shaft. Has anybody else encountered this? Is there a stronger way to do it? Does the 19 spline shaft and gears from a split case work in a 4 spd t-case?

AA said they would warranty the shaft this time, but it will cost me next time.

Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
It's the only way I know of, No the split case gears will not fit into the one piece case, besides this does not seem to be where your problem was anyway. I have done one of these with the one piece and wheeled the wheels off the truck, sold it and it's still going strong. I did another one using the split case with a FI350 and it's held up fine.
Was the break clean or at an angle?
A friend that works on large engines told me once that an angled break is torque, where as a straight is usually flawed metal.
Were you gettin' it when it broke?
Butch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually twisted the shaft right where it goes into the t-case gear. I have included a link to pictures of the breakage. AA is going to RMA the part, but I am weary now of the weak link.

Thankshttp://www.lavacrawlers.com/breakage

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That seems like a really odd place for it to break. Maybe there is something wrong with your adapter plate and the t case is crooked. That's what I would think!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts