Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 85 with a 22rec. I have put a header and intake on. I have looked at the engine code and it comes back as a o2 sensor. My problem is when im driving at 2 grand for a minute or two my check engine light comes on and when i let of it will turn off in about 10 sec. I have put new o2 sensors in. I dont know if anyone else has had this problem. I hope someone has some ideas.

·
Registered
715 Posts
same problem... but i just ignore it... vehicle have been running fine for about 8 months now! ive changed the o2 sensor by the way

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
a code for an o2 sensor doesn't necesarily mean a bad o2. It means it has a lack of switching. So it is either rich to often or lean to often. You need to check and see which it is and adress a problem with how the engine is running. Could have a vacume leak which would be lean, bad injectors which could be either lean or rich, bad air flow meter which could be either, the list goes on and on. Good luck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a 85 with a 22rec. I have put a header and intake on. I have looked at the engine code and it comes back as a o2 sensor. My problem is when im driving at 2 grand for a minute or two my check engine light comes on and when i let of it will turn off in about 10 sec. I have put new o2 sensors in. I dont know if anyone else has had this problem. I hope someone has some ideas.
I have the same prob. as does' another person I wheel with. I just ignore it....

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I have the same prob. as does' another person I wheel with. I just ignore it....
The issue is that it does indicate a switching problem. On a street rig, it'll also fail you upon inspection.

If you've replaced to 02, other causes I've seen:
1) Crapped up AFM flapper, worn spring on the AFM, etc.
2) TPS issues - the TPS should be smooth through movement range.
3) Exhaust leaks forward of the 02.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts