Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have two generic do it yourself o2 sensors. my wiring diagram is wierd. it says i have a red, black and a blue wire. on the 95 disco the wires are red white and black.

which wires are the sensors and what are the heating element?

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I'll try to call you from the shop tomorrow. I have a 14-CUx engine with wiring harness and the sensors mated together for just this purpose.

PT

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
call me anyway......but i figured it out.

and it does me no good as the 'generic' 3 wire sensors i got from the parts guy, "oh yeah the threads are standard, its the same on all cars" don't fit.
the thread is different. i need to find a local equivalent that isn't $100. or just take off the manifold and weld on new bungs so i can use a more readily available sensor.:mad3:

it would be great to catch up anyway:flipoff2: we can have a virtual beer together........(making our own brew at church.....seriously....kind of a new monasticism thing).

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I read somewhere (can't find it now) that Toyota (????) O2 sensors fit in the Rover bungs, but those are nearly $100 per.

Anyone with a solution other than cutting and welding in new bungs?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found the cross ref part to pauls bosch 13021, in the ngk/ntk 24007. can be had on ebay for $50 plus shippin'.

summit has them for $43 and change. but they are on backorder:shaking:

no parts store in the entire STATE of arizona has even one of either part numbers above. closest is calif, and all parts stores want twice summits price. had no idea mark up was so bad.:mad3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts