Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay wifes Jeep has OBA.
I'm gunna start installing OBA on mine this weekend.
Now if I were to dasiy chain both our systems together would this setup fill tires quicker than just filling with one compressor? I'm thinking with both compressors running this would net a higher static pressure alowing for quicker inflation am I right?
Or would it just work twice as fast which would be no good for tires since we have to air up 8 anyways. Of course air tools would work a lot better with the extra volume.

thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would think(and this is nothing but theory) that the pressure would be the same, but you would have a higher volume available. You would still be limited by how much air can flow through the hose and valve stem. For air tools it miht be a good idea, but I think it would be better to air 2 tires at a time with the 2 separate systems.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Daisy chain generally means running them in series (output of one into input of the other). This won't work cuz a standard AC compressor has a LP input. If it did work you would only gain PSI not volume.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Too Tall Trooper:
<STRONG>I would think(and this is nothing but theory) that the pressure would be the same, but you would have a higher volume available. You would still be limited by how much air can flow through the hose and valve stem. For air tools it miht be a good idea, but I think it would be better to air 2 tires at a time with the 2 separate systems.</STRONG>

Your right about the air hose being the limiting factor thanks.
I think it's just one of those things that I will just have to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts