Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I am interested in converting my truck from the 5 on 5 pattern to the 6 on 5.5 pattern for a greater wheel selection, and 6 lugs also look cooler. I know that for the front all I need to do is replace the disc brake rotors with ones that came from a light duty, 6 lug C2500. As far as the rear, this is where my questions begin. Can I just use the axle shafts and drum brakes from a 4x4 OBS 1500 Chevy since they all use 10 bolt axles? Or do the 4x4s have a greater spline count than a 2WD? I know a 6 lug conversion has been done on these trucks, I am just trying to see how expensive it would be.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
RossM said:
Howdy,
I am interested in converting my truck from the 5 on 5 pattern to the 6 on 5.5 pattern for a greater wheel selection, and 6 lugs also look cooler. I know that for the front all I need to do is replace the disc brake rotors with ones that came from a light duty, 6 lug C2500. As far as the rear, this is where my questions begin. Can I just use the axle shafts and drum brakes from a 4x4 OBS 1500 Chevy since they all use 10 bolt axles? Or do the 4x4s have a greater spline count than a 2WD? I know a 6 lug conversion has been done on these trucks, I am just trying to see how expensive it would be.
Thanks.
If I were you, I would just swap in a 4x4 axle, or a 14 bolt Semi-Floater axle with 6 lugs from a C2500 light duty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts