Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Parking out on Observation Point OFF the road? What about getting a ticket for stopping there and being more than 25 feet from the centerline of the road?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Observation is in the Tahoe, so wouldn't be enforced the same way that the trail between the Springs and Loon/Wentworth is until their route dez process catches up. I would look on the website for the TNF or try to get a feel from Doug Barr as to where the TNF is on this.

Good question though...

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
The last time I was there, we had three FS people in tow. We backed the rigs away from the trail to get them in the picture with the view. We were as far "off" the trail as we could be and none of the Tahoe FS people had a problem with it.

Of course if some ranger is having a bad day and you fail the attitude test, I can't guarentee anything.

My feel for this section of the trail is that it is a wide spot in the trail and is all legal. Just don't drive over any bushes.

I'll ask the FPO (forest protection officer) next time I see her.

Doug

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
It SHOULD be considered a turnout, just like the ones on highway 50 and 80 and every other paved road in the world. I mean come awn!! The Rubicon can not be a track width the entire way, that is just dumb. :rolleyes:

The mechanics pit at Buck is the same if you ask me. Apparently, the area next to Little Sluice is the same.

There are many of those, some would keep within the 25 foot mark and others may be wider. In all practicality that is how it should be. New ones are not needed so the ones existing should be recognized.

off the soapbox for now..........scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts