Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the flier i got it was formerly a HENROB 2000. The guy at the show would have let me try it but there was alot to see and the others in our group wanted to move on.:mad3:

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Pretty cool vid. My problem is I can't ever hold my hands still enough to get a straight line, regardless of torch or plasma. :homer:

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
watch motorcycle mania, jesse jame used one of those thinks like 6 or 7 years ago. other than that i have no comment:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It cuts great because of the pre-heat tip, use a rose-bud ahead of your normal oxy torch and you'll get a razor sharp cut and the edge won't need any post cut prep before welding, it's actually cleaner than laser cutting. Plasma is still a hell of a lot faster, either one will cut perfectly straight if you use a straight edge, and once you factor in the cost of a metric assload of oxy and accetaline plus big enough tanks to last you any length of time and the plasma is a lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks really nice if you like the pistol grip. Other than that, I don't see it doing anything that you can't do with a standard torch given enough guidance/practice. Back in my ship yard days, making cuts like that with a standard torch was nothing special (except for me; I just climbed in engines). Heck lots of guys made a habbit out of cutting their own end wrenches out of plate. Take a bolt as a pattern and cut out everything that doesn't look like a wrench. I still have a couple laying around my shop. 3/4" and up. :eek:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Heck lots of guys made a habbit out of cutting their own end wrenches out of plate. Take a bolt as a pattern and cut out everything that doesn't look like a wrench. I still have a couple laying around my shop. 3/4" and up. :eek:
I'd second that -- a dude I used to wheel with was a heavy steel fabricator and could cut 3/4" and larger round holes with a torch faster and better than I could drill them or set up the punch to punch them.... There is something to be said for skill and practice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts