Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Multiple searches yielded nada.

I'm looking for a set of OEM steel rims to mount my 325/85-16 XML's on (actual size 38"x13").

I'd love to spring for a new set of 16"x10" aftermarket rims, but that's not in the budget.

I imagine 16"x7" 8-lug steel rims are everywhere.

I wanted to know if there was an OEM use of 16"x8" or wider 8-lug steel rims. Just so when I start scrounging in the junkyards, I'll know which rigs to focus on.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I assume that you are talking about 8 on 6.5 lug pattern, the one found on chevy, dodge, and old school ford right? To the best of my knowledge then only way that they came on factory was through converison packages, but most of those are not steel. How much are you looking to spend, that wheel patern has been around for every and their a ton of used ones. You could probably find a used set of 16x10 for under a 100 buck that looked fine or a set for around 40 or 50 that needed some sanding or painting.
On a side not I would try to get a least an 8, really a 10 to widen those tires since they are so tall and narrow, but they are fun.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
waterlogged said:
I assume that you are talking about 8 on 6.5 lug pattern, the one found on chevy, dodge, and old school ford right?
Exactly; should be a million of those rims out there.

waterlogged said:
To the best of my knowledge then only way that they came on factory was through converison packages, but most of those are not steel. How much are you looking to spend, that wheel patern has been around for every and their a ton of used ones. You could probably find a used set of 16x10 for under a 100 buck that looked fine or a set for around 40 or 50 that needed some sanding or painting.
Unfortunately, the true 16" rim size seems to be somewhat uncommon. A number of posts in the "parts wanted" section for such rims have gone unanswered. I'd go for a good cheap set of alloy rims, but I am looking for four or five rims for about $100 or so, which is why the factory steel rims were appealing to me.

The most basic 16"x10" 8-lug wagon-wheels go for $56 apiece, which adds up to around $300 with shipping, at least.

Trouble with shipping a set of used rims is that it can double the cost, which is why I was asking for junkyard hunting advice.

waterlogged said:

On a side not I would try to get a least an 8, really a 10 to widen those tires since they are so tall and narrow, but they are fun.
Michelin calls for a 9" rim, so I figure I could go an inch either way. I would prefer the 10" rim, but I don't recall ever seeing any factory 16"x10" 8-lug rims, so I might have to settle for an 8" rim.

Ideally, I'd find an 8-lug steelie that would have the nubs for retaining a center-cap. I'd love to have a set of red-n-blue logo AMC Jeep baby-moon caps snap over the middle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts