1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
flamethrower
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Story here http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=32100

Off-road Enthusiasts Hit the Highway with Protest
Written for the web by Elizabeth Bishop, Senior Internet News Producer

You couldn't miss them: protesters perched on the Highway 50 overcrossings sending a message that they want to save access to off-road vehicle trails.

Off-road riders are worried the government will block access to a big chunk of roads and trails in the Eldorado National Forest by early next year.

"I drive motorcycles and quads. My whole family does," said protester Dennis Maloney. "They've threatened to close, right now, over half the trails and roads that we use and have access in the forest."

The forest service says there has been a huge increase in off-road vehicle use over the past 30 years, and officials call it one of the key threats facing the national forests today. The protesters say they're blowing it way out of proportion.

"The damage that they say we're causing is miniscule compared to what has been done in the past through logging and mining," Maloney said.

The forest service said the protest was a way for people to express their opinions and that protesters' concerns for the forest were welcome.

Created: 8/27/2007 10:34:28 AM Updated: 8/27/2007 10:42:21 AM

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Interesting comment thread on that article...
wow, yeah.. Its hard to explain our side to some of the yahoo's out there huh? Sometimes its just better to say nothing at all, or offer a tour of our side I guess... people seem to be doing well not ATTACKING this dude... Obviously has no Idea who or what we REALLY ARE!

On that note thanks to everyone for such hard work and dedication to our cause... for those who know WE WON ROGER ( owner of Robb's ) OVER.. if we can do that we can change ANYONES mind.. not with words.. with action!

WE WIN ROGERS APROVAL.. read it at
http://www.dorobbs.com/about.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts