Pirate 4x4 banner

441 - 460 of 1938 Posts

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Hey east bitch

08' lions 4-0 in preseason including a win in the 3rd game and went 0-16 in the regular season and they were the worst team of all time.

85' bears 1-4 in preseason and lost the 3rd game and they were arguably the best team of all time.

You can take your 3rd game and shove it up your ass the preseason doesn't mean shit.
Remember when I tried to argue with mouth breathers about the importance of the third preseason games in terms of it being the dress rehearsal game and the best indicator of regular season performance?

We're a quarter of the way through the regular season now and the winners of that third preseason game are a combined 37-23 (61.7% winning percentage). The losers? 24-39 (38.1%). This isn't a new phenomenon. It happens year after year after year. No, it isn't foolproof as there are always outliers but by and large it's a pretty damn good measuring stick.

2016 NFL Schedule | 2016 Preseason Week 3 | FOX Sports

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,590 Posts
SEA-HAWKS!

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Lol go take a few ibuprofen for that Super Bowl hangover, the fucking falcons almost dropped a 50 burger on that defense today and it had nothing to do with the 3rd preseason game
They did that because we're terrible. We were also terrible in that 3rd preseason game. Just deal with it, you were wrong. I showed you before the regular season even started based on years of previous data that you were wrong. You refused to accept in and stooped to insults and now you're doing it again. Being wrong sucks, but I laid out my argument from the get go and you didn't want to accept it. I backed it up with data and you didn't want to accept it.

But hey, ignoring good arguments supported by irrefutable data is what makes an idiot an idiot, so keep on keeping on. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
"East bitch"? Really? What are you, fucking 12? :homer:
You knew just who I was talking about. And earlier in this thread you spent like 2 pages complaining about those racist refs not calling it when those mean old linebackers would knock Cam down and stuff. So yeah, in this case, 'bitch' is a good fit.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
I'm not denying the 3rd preseason is the most important of the 4 but all the teams that suck don't suck because they lost their 3rd game.. the panthers have a shitty RT and #1 CB and #2 CB :flipoff2: they can't play man vs Julio jones and win. They should've kept Norman and drafted a replacement for remmers and they'd be better than 1-3:laughing:

I'm not as confident as usual about the Broncos vs falcons this Sunday for the record, Kyle shanahan and Matt Ryan have been embarrasing teams lately, I didn't check if they won their 3rd PS game though so it might be blowout again.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
You knew just who I was talking about. And earlier in this thread you spent like 2 pages complaining about those racist refs not calling it when those mean old linebackers would knock Cam down and stuff. So yeah, in this case, 'bitch' is a good fit.
The lack of calls in that Broncos game was stunning and still is. But, it's not due to racism. Big Ben gets the same type of treatment. He got belly flopped by a DL a full two seconds after the whistle tonight with no flag while Drew Stanton Drew a flag earlier today when his helmet was bumped. Refs are just so use to guys like Cam and Big Bem getting out of nearly impossible situations that they're reluctant to throw the flag.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure why I continue to attempt to have an intelligent conversation with an individual operating with the cognitive and emotional development of a child.

I'd love for you to go back and shownme where I ever mentioned racism or race or black in my arguments for why the uncalled hits to Cam's head were bullshit. I didn't and you tried to put words in my mouth.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
I'm not denying the 3rd preseason is the most important of the 4 but all the teams that suck don't suck because they lost their 3rd game.. the panthers have a shitty RT and #1 CB and #2 CB :flipoff2: they can't play man vs Julio jones and win. They should've kept Norman and drafted a replacement for remmers and they'd be better than 1-3:laughing:

I'm not as confident as usual about the Broncos vs falcons this Sunday for the record, Kyle shanahan and Matt Ryan have been embarrasing teams lately, I didn't check if they won their 3rd PS game though so it might be blowout again.:flipoff2:
The Panthers play zone almost exclusively. I'm not saying teams suck BECAUSE they lost their 3rd preseason game. Maybe that's what you're arguing. If that was my argument, yeah, I'd be wrong. My argument is that the 3rd preseason game is the dress rehearsal for the regular season and the one preseason game when the starters play the majority of the game and some game planning is out into action. It's the best glimpse you get of what a team will look like in the regular season. Whether you win it or lose it doesn't matter as much as how the team actually looks when the starters are in, but for statistical purposes you need something to base a measurement of of, so I used win/loss as the scoreboard is the best indicationbof performance we have. The Panthers looked AWFUL in that 3rd preseason game.

·
Registered
22,077 Posts
Nope, we're just fucking terrible.
I bet Cam finishes the play from now on, instead of that tip toeing through the tulips BS he tried today. :flipoff2: :laughing:

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
I bet Cam finishes the play from now on, instead of that tip toeing through the tulips BS he tried today. :flipoff2: :laughing:
Not sure what that was. Honestly, I think he probably didn't even see that guy. That's one of the few clean big hits he's ever taken while running the ball. Most of the big hits he takes are usually while he's trying to act as a passer. The Panthers have never put much of an OL in front of him. There are two undrafted free agents starting on that OL.

·
Registered
22,077 Posts
Fly Eagles fly. :flipoff2: :lmao:

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Oh SNAP! Bungles miss a field goal - Cowboys score in one play!

STILLERS are 4 - 1, so time for the haters to start chirping. :grinpimp:

441 - 460 of 1938 Posts