Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
what would be pimp, is if someone, did like what trail gear did with the six shooter knuckles.. In other words cast some aftermarket FJ80 Knuckle that accept mini truck six shooter High stear arms
To much up front cost probably but it would be awesome.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
To much up front cost probably but it would be awesome.
no more than a set of six shooter knuckles.. add some balls to a custom axle with a new tundra center some bling fj80 longs... we have a dana 60 competitor

·
Registered
178 Posts
no more than a set of six shooter knuckles.. add some balls to a custom axle with a new tundra center some bling fj80 longs... we have a dana 60 competitor
I meant for a vendor to put up the money to have hundreds made and stuff.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
I meant for a vendor to put up the money to have hundreds made and stuff.
I ment vendor as well.. trail gear did this with the six shooter knuckle ..

·
Registered
438 Posts
HOLY bull-shit! I'm glad to see after all the thrashing about that someone got something accomplished in this thread.

Would someone mind posting some pics of the right-hand-drive set up?

·
Registered
338 Posts
what would be pimp, is if someone, did like what trail gear did with the six shooter knuckles.. In other words cast some aftermarket FJ80 Knuckle that accept mini truck six shooter High stear arms
Ruff Stuff Specialties is planning on having knuckles cast at some point. I talked to him about it a year ago but have since moved on to 1 tons so I have not got back in touch with him. It seemed like it was a long term project for him but he seemed serious about it. If there was more interest it might get done sooner. He is a vender here on pirate his screen name is gravel maker. He is a super nice guy and I'm sure he would be happy to answer any questions anyone had.

·
aka WIZZO
1,462 Posts
Ruff Stuff Specialties is planning on having knuckles cast at some point. I talked to him about it a year ago but have since moved on to 1 tons so I have not got back in touch with him. It seemed like it was a long term project for him but he seemed serious about it. If there was more interest it might get done sooner. He is a vender here on pirate his screen name is gravel maker. He is a super nice guy and I'm sure he would be happy to answer any questions anyone had.
sent dan a pm about this, he said that this project is on the backburner b/c he is so busy with everything else. but he said it is still an important project.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
sent dan a pm about this, he said that this project is on the backburner b/c he is so busy with everything else. but he said it is still an important project.
Hopefully its soon, bent my tie rod again yesterday. This one I built to be sleeved solid. Guess Ill have to come up with something else.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hopefully its soon, bent my tie rod again yesterday. This one I built to be sleeved solid. Guess Ill have to come up with something else.

cody you should try and add material to the outside by using larger diameter tubing and/or some angle iron or flat stock welded along the top like an I-beam. Adding more material inside (or making it solid) doesn't help as much.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I had thought about welding angle over it but there really isnt much clearance near the diff. Its held up for a year or so but I ended up high centering on a boulder and the only way off was backwards. I might put a come-a-long on the rear axle and pull the tie rod back straight enough so its at least close to being aligned, then weld some angle on it and leave a gap by the pinion.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just recieved my RHD steering arm from Specter Offroad. It was $63 bucks to my house. Those guys have been the best source for any Land Cruiser parts I have ever found. They said they had more. Now to move my tie rod up front. Hey JJ3 do you have a single ended 8" ram with heim ends laying around?
Have you installed the RHD arm and did it work out?

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
of the right hand drive steering arm? It's a mirror image of the arm on the passenger side of left hand drive FJ-80s. I bought mine from specter offroad for $50 bucks.
Bringing this to the top since I'm doing research on the subject.

Do you actually need the double ended arm? I don't think you do. Two single ended arms, one RHD and one LHD, would allow you to run the tie rod in front with good angles :smokin:

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Nice to see this thread still providing info. Too bad I never got my rig back and have no idea where it is anymore :(

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Sorry to hear that Bones. I looked at it all the time when I had my Toy pickup still.
Thanks man. I sold it to a friend and delivered it to Iowa (used to live in Kansas City) and now I moved back to the city I dropped it off at and it's MIA. Friend sold it off a long time ago and is not in Hong Kong...he still has the Missouri title for it. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Bringing this to the top since I'm doing research on the subject.

Do you actually need the double ended arm? I don't think you do. Two single ended arms, one RHD and one LHD, would allow you to run the tie rod in front with good angles :smokin:

They come with the LHD double ended arm in the states and a single ended arm on the driver side....you can flip it around to run it in the front (I believe Muddyblzr) did this on his rig, so no you don't have to have it. The problem, apparently, is the ackerman is not correct, and that is why the RHD arm is preferred IIRC. I hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
6 Posts
fj80 opposite steering knuckle for SOR..

Has anybody gotten pics of these RHD steering knuckles on their rig? I now have fj80 stuff getting ready to install on my cruiser and I wanted to know how it worked out for everybody---it has been a while and there is nothing but silence so I thought I would give a shout out to see what was being done..

laters

·
aka WIZZO
1,462 Posts
if you look at the lhd arm, it is identical except made to work on the opposite side. if you flip the arms from the rear around they are quite a bit longer, you can bend them or you can save yourself the trouble and get a rhd arm.

my rig w/ rhd arm

if you want to see anything inparticular let me know and i'll get a pic

81 - 100 of 124 Posts