Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1496 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the official thread of the Johnson Valley "Virtual Protest" which will take place on March 12th @ 2:00PM.

The simple link to this thread is - http://www.pirate4x4.com/jv

This thread will be opened up at 2:00PM PST March 12. Mark your calendars, and let everyone you know to logon and participate in the biggest online protest in off roading history!!!

Virtual on-line Rally to be Held by 4x4 Enthusiasts
Off Highway Vehicle enthusiasts organize to hold first ever online rally over trail closures

In a landmark event, thousands of Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) users across the world will participate in a online, Virtual Rally to voice their concerns over a popular OHV area in Southern California. On Wednesday March 12th, 2008 Pirate4x4.com, a leading website for the OHV community, will hold this rally from 2 to 6 PM PST.

The Hammers trail system in Johnson Valley, California is being considered for requisition to expand the United States Marine Corps training facilities, which would effectively eliminate public access to Johnson Valley's unrivaled OHV Mecca.

Virtual Rally participants will be asked to post their experiences, photos and history recreating with their families in the Johnson Valley Area, and the concerns they have with losing this unique recreational resource. These comments will be posted and tracked in bulletin-board format, with a goal of creating a lasting record of how important this unassuming stretch of desert is to a vast number of people from many places -- some who visit Johnson Valley multiple times a year, and others who just dream of the opportunity of visiting the Hammers in the future. Interested parties are encouraged to attend the rally and read the thread, as this is a public rally, you do not need to be a member of Pirate4x4.com to read what is posted.

Families and clubs have recreated in this area for many years with OHV’s, and competitive rock crawling, rock racing, motorcycling, and ATV events have been held there for more than a decade, with significant rewards for the area economy. In February, the famed “King of the Hammers” annual rock race crowned its king.

The Bureau of Land Management currently manages the Johnson Valley's varied landscape of steep red rocky mountains, rolling hills, open valleys, dry lake beds, dunes, and sandy washes. The main attraction for most visitors is family OHV recreation: trail-rides, competitive racing events, and general OHV free play. Johnson Valley sees hundreds of thousands of recreation days with users motorcycling, ATVing, 4x4ing, rallycrossing, camping, hiking, rock-hounding, and wildlife-watching.

“It is ironic that the BLM has OHV users recreate responsibly by staying on marked trails and not having campfires at certain times of the year, but now they sell the same area to the Marines who will tear all over the area and conduct live fire drills”, said Todd Ockert, The United Four Wheel Drive Association Director of Environmental Affairs.

Remember, the link for the rally on Wednesday, March 12th will be www.pirate4x4.com/jv
For more information, feel free to email the Pirate4x4.com Land Use Officer at: [email protected]

·
16,231 Posts
To whom it may concern:

Let me start by saying that I am in total support of our military and the Marine Corps.

Still, I am very worried about the Johnson Valley expansion by the Marine Corps, especially the “additional area of interest”. If the Marine Corps expand into this area, it will take away a very important area from the OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) community.

The Hammer Trails, which are located in this area, are a main destination for OHV enthusiasts to bring their families to recreate in California. Competitions such as the recent, highly publicized “King of the Hammers” have also been held in this area.

I have two young sons, aged 4 and 5, who love to camp and four-wheel with me and my wife. My family normally attends 10-12 OHV functions and camping trips each year. As Johnson Valley is seen as a “Mecca” by many OHV enthusiasts in the west, it has always been a dream of mine to take my family down there to recreate responsibly. Many OHV enthusiasts that live miles away visit the Hammers on a regular basis.

While I understand that the Marines need space to train, you need to understand that our motor-sport is constantly under attack. Because of many different factors, the areas in which we can four-wheel in have been shrinking at an alarming rate. In Eldorado National Forest alone, for example, we stand to lose 1,800 MILES of trails. For us to lose such an important area as the Hammers to our sport would be like Baseball losing Wrigley field or Golf losing Augusta.

We also have an undeserved reputation for “ruining” the environment. The OHV community is growing by leaps and bounds, while our trails are closing left and right. This results in more users in a smaller area, which results in damage to the trail from condensed use by a greater number of OHV’s. Closing this area to OHV use will create damage to other trails that are already overcrowded, which in turn will give the “other” side more ammunition to lock us out of our public lands.

Whatever you do, please understand that you are not just taking an area of desert; you are effecting the lives of thousands of people who recreate in the Johnson Valley area.

I would like to end this letter by pledging $50.00 to the Blue Ribbon Coalition and $50.00 to Cal4Wheel for their continued efforts in saving our trails on public lands. I challenge others to out-do me!

Kurt Schneider

Proud Member of:

The Friends of Eldorado National Forest
Blue Ribbon Coalition
Cal4Wheel
California Off Road Vehicle Association
Kyburz Krawlerz
The Friends of the Rubicon
The Friends of Greenhorn
Friends of Fordyce
Friends of Tahoe Access
Friends of High Lakes
Friends of Coy Hill
Stewards of the Sequoia
Pirate4x4.com
E Clampus Vitus: Chapter 13

Basic Rally Instructions:

1. Please post up your concerns on the John Valley area and the Hammers possibly being closed. You MAY make multiple posts!

2. Tell people how you have enjoyed the Hammers in the past! (Tell us stories!)

3. If you have never been to the Hammers or Johnson Valley, Voice your concern about this closure and tell people how you or your club recreates responsibly in your own area! If you have always wanted to go to the Hammers, let us know!

4. Show them what this area means to the entire OHV community!

5. Post pictures! Trail rides, camping with your family, King of the Hammers pics etc!

6. Have fun, but please remember to be professional. Many eyes will be on this thread!

7. MAKE SURE you see what number post your FIRST post in the thread is!

Please put that number somewhere in your sig-line so we know who has posted!

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who helped to put this on and to spread the word! So many people helped out in this, it would be near impossible to list them all!

A special thanks to Lance and Camo for letting us crash their servers (LOL!) To all the moderators, I apologize for the head-ache in advance. (Go Roxy!)

A big thanks to those in various land-use organizations who are working very hard on this! John Stewart and Del Albright, just to name a couple, are working VERY hard on this issue! Donate to your organizations!

For the first time ever, the entire OHV community has a chance to ALL come together and fight for our access to public lands. In the past, we have only fought for our backyards and that has been to our disadvantage! Closures are going down all across the USA and we ALL need to come together to fight them. (Tellico guys…we have not forgotten about you! We got your backs!) That is the only way we can be effective.

This rally is just the beginning folks.

Will the Rally have any effect? I have no idea. I hope so. But being a PBB member, I was not gonna just sit on my ass and do nothing! If anything, this rally will show that we have a LOUD voice and that there are a lot of us that do care about our trails.

One of these days maybe I will actually get down to the Hammers! LOL!

Thank you all!

Kurt Schneider

The Friends of Eldorado

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

I’m a paying member of Oregon Trail Four Wheel Drive Association (www.OT4x4.org) & Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association (www.pnw4wda.com) as well as many other 4wd sites similar to Pirate4x4.com . I’ve an avid 4wd enthusiast that frequently travels to many different states (Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona) to enjoy OHV trails and OHV areas in these states for LEGAL 4wheeling.

I recently heard about the possible expansion of the Palms 29 Military Base to take over land in the Johnson Valley OHV area (Lucerne Valley, California). I’m very concerned about this as Johnson Valley is one of those areas that is considered to have the most extreme rock crawling trails in the United States – not to mention that its a LEGAL OHV area maintained by the BLM and local 4wd clubs. So I’m posting here to state my concerns about the possible closure of the Johnson Valley OHV area will not only remove a vital piece of rock crawling history, but just one more place that we can’t wheel. Four wheeling is more than a “hobby” – it’s a multi-billion dollar industry with a HUGE chunk of it in Southern California with shrinking places to recreate.

While I do FULLY support the military in protecting this country and I pray for the men and women, families and friends that have given their lifes to protect this country, there has to be another place they can do their training.

As time goes on its getting harder and harder to find LEGAL OHV trails that are challenging and enjoyable. I try to go to atleast one major event in these states each year to help raise awareness about tread lightly four wheeling and frequently do trail cleanups to help keep areas open so my kids can enjoy them. Also in doing this, my goal is to spread the word that 4wheeling is a great family recreation and shouldn’t be frowned on my those few individuals that seem to have no respect for other people and public land! It burns be up to see a few individual ruin it for everyone…

These multi-state trips are expensive for me (being from Oregon) and I spend thousands of dollars each year to enjoy these types of areas, which means a portion of my money is going directly to the local economy’s around these areas. I know I’m not alone either and Johnson Valley has world wide recognition for its OHV trails! And from my understanding is one of the few legal areas in southern California!

I’ve only made it to “The Hammers” once so far and that was for the 2007 Tin Benders Cleanup. And even though I’m from Out-of-State and live 1000 miles north, I was still out there picking up trash, helping load up burned out cars and making CASH donations in the 95 degree temperature to help save these areas! When I was down there, I ended up running Backdoor, Claw Hammer (twice), Outerlimits, Upper and Lower Big Johnson. I wanted to run Jack or Sledge – but didn’t and hope to in the future.

I’ve emailed several people in Washington DC and some key individuals in Oregon to try to get my voice heard, but its difficult to make my voice count and not just fall on deaf hears…. Please hear my voice on this and don’t take way land from Johnson Valley OHV!!! Please…..

Thanks, Rick and Trina B of Oregon!

·
Registered
169 Posts
It will a be really sad day when Johnson Valley is no longer open to the public. Please do not close this wonderful place.

-Matt

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
THIS IS IT FOLKS...

Officially PBB Rally thread... please share your stories at pirate4x4.com/jv..

We are the spoiled ones that have the Hammers pretty much in our back yard.

We live in Apple Valley, where a short 45 minute drive gets us to the area in Johnson Valley where people have driven cross country to come wheel what we know as “The Hammers trails”.

To many, It’s not just some trails of rocks... these are obstacles that no matter how many times you have been up them before can always find some enthusiastic enjoyment from. It’s a place where vacations are had and families can come together to enjoy a sport that is fun for everyone to participate in.

There are many trails that have been pioneered long before our generation even knew they existed. Many off road and 4 wheeling clubs have conquered new paths and there are still plenty more to be discovered.

Its a place that’s local enough where we as a club can come and have a fun family weekend outing yet large enough to accommodate the huge number of people that are drawn to it for events and races.

The number of people affected by the possibility of a closure is much more than us locals being inconvenienced... it’s the entire off roading community, especially for those that have yet had the chance to experience what we know as The Hammers.

Individually we may not have a voice strong enough to be heard, but together as a community we'd like to show the number of people these closures will affect will be vast.

Please here us out....

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
To whom it may concern,

I was recently made aware of a proposed expansion of the Marines 29 Palms facility, this proposed expansion includes much of the popular Johnson Valley OHV recreational area. This expansion would close most of the existing trail systems which is one of a kind in California. This means a great deal to me because I am active in the four wheel drive community and had hope to use this recreation site in the future. Not only would this affect four wheel drive owners but also people who use the area for quads and dirt biking.

One club I am active in, The Poly Goats, have done numerous cleanups and helped other clubs with activities. About ten vehicles are planning on attending the Tin Benders Johnson Valley Cleanup in april and plan on removing as much trash possible.
Thousands of people use this area each year and restricting its access would definitely result in a loss of revenue to the surrounding areas.

I deeply hope that this expansion will be reconsidered and Johnson Valley will remain the four wheeling ‘mecca’ it is.

Kurt Richards

·
Registered
424 Posts
My name is Rich and I am writing this in opposition to a proposal by the USMC to acquire part of the Johnson Valley OHV area and annex it to the base in 29 Palms. I live locally and use this area frequently for OHV activity. I am a member of District 37 and we use this area for motorcycle riding and racing. My club, 4 Aces will be hosting an Enduro off Means Dry Lake this November 16th. We also hosted an Enduro at this location two years ago. We hope to host this event for many years to come. This is a well attended event and the majority of participants camp in the area with their families.

In addition to participating in motorcycle events in the Johnson Valley OHV area, I also enjoy joining friends who four-wheel on what are called the Hammer Trails off of Means Dry Lake. These trails are the premier hard core trails in the United States. The area has become very popular over the years, with a number of organized events through the year. The organized events range from the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers gets together in late September/October to the Tinbenders Clean Up, being held this year in April. Once again, these are great family trips. Campfires in the desert are awesome. And families really enjoy all of the stars available during the night around the campfires. The people who come out here are awesome and respect the area.

Every year the OHV community loses more and more land for family recreation. OHV recreation has become more and more popular as time goes on. The need is for more OHV areas to be opened, not closed.

Right after posting this, I am headed to Moab, Utah for a little over a week of great four wheeling and enjoying all the people recreating there. On the way home we plan on visiting a number of National Parks. What a wonderful country we have, when the people of this country have an opportunity to use public lands for a wide range of uses. The OHV users believe in the Blue Ribbon Coalition motto, which says “Preserving our natural resources FOR the public, not FROM the public”.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
SAVE THE HAMMERS

I have never been to the Hammers, but I have dreamed about it ever since I started off roading 7 years ago with the scrambler my father bought for me for my first car. He bought it thinking that this it would be a fun project to work on with me on the weekends, little did he know that it would take over my life. I still remember the first day he brought my jeep home. Only being 14 at the time, my parents drove the two hours to get it while i was stuck at school. My mom couldn’t understand how i could be so excited about "such a pile of junk," but I was hooked from the first time i started it up! Now that i am older and have a job that can support my hobby a little better than my dad wanted to, I have stripped my jeep back down to frame in hopes of building it bigger and more capable. Now that I have the resources and fabrication skills needed to do this safely, I find myself wondering if I am spending so much time building my jeep in vain. Our off roading lands are being threatened like they never have before, and now the Hammers are next?!? I can only hope that our pleas to save this out door Mecca are not falling on deaf ears.

Be safe,

Charlie Whitted

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Save The Hammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnson Valley is probably one of the farthest OHV areas from where I live but that doesn't change the fact that I hope to wheel there in the future. This is undoubtedly one of the biggest concentrations of serious rock crawling trails on THE CONTINENT. It would be a tragedy for the OHV community to lose such a place. We are facing more land use obstacles and more closures than we ever have in the past. This collections of supporters will certainly demonstrate the value that the Hammers trails represent to OHV users everywhere.

I completely support the USMC and recognize the need for training facilities. We have the best armed forces in the world and they didn't become that way by training at second rate facilities. However, I believe that with an open and complete plan of action a more suitable option could be found for all. I'm willing to do my part to show support as are the others posting here. Please take our words into consideration and remember the our interests too.

Thank you.

Andrew Moss
Treasurer - Mountaineer OffRoad, Inc.
Avid OHV user and outdoorsman
Jeep addict and responsible off-roader

Member; Blue Ribbon Coalition, United Four Wheel Drive Association, and Tread Lightly

·
Registered
24 Posts
To whom it may concern:

Let me start out by saying how much I appreciate the men and women of the United States Marine Corp for all they do to protect and serve this great nation. You have a long and honorable history that is certainly worthy of every American’s praise and respect.

While I would never doubt or question your courage, honor, or dedication to the mission objective, I do have serious reservations about your proposed plan to appropriate a large area of the Johnson Valley Off Highway Vehicular Area adjacent to MCCS 29 Palms.

My wife and I are avid off-road enthusiasts that have spent many hours and days enjoying the natural wonders of the Johnson Valley OHV Area. We have invested substantial financial resources (close to $200,000) in the pursuit of this type of recreation and actively support several major organizations which strive to promote environmental stewardship and land-use management as a responsibility of all who venture off the asphalt highways and byways.

We see more and more areas in this country being closed for off-highway use with each passing year. Johnson Valley OHV Area is home to some of the best four-wheeling areas in the United States. Being that it is under Bureau of Land Management jurisdiction means we are free to camp with our tents and motorhomes which makes its distance from urban areas less of a burden. My wife and I, along with thousands of fellow enthusiasts can drive our Jeeps, dune buggies, rock-crawlers, quads, side-by-sides, and motorcycles over terrain that has something to offer to people of all interests and skill levels.

Included in the area you have proposed annexation are trails and challenges with names like the Outer Limits, Big Johnson, Claw Hammer, After Shock, Bender Alley, and Hell’s Gate. In the adjacent area you have shown additional interest in are Wrecking Ball, Jack Hammer, Sledge Hammer, Tack Hammer, and Backdoor. These are as good as it gets for off-roaders. Johnson Valley OHV Area is our Mecca.

The irony of your proposal is that we are constantly in battle with environmentalist and naturalists (many of whom have never ventured into this area) that have always wanted the area shut off from human contact to preserve various varieties of flora and fauna and to protect animal habitat such as the desert tortoise. Just how high of a priority will these same issues have with regards for the Marine Corps planned use?

In conclusion it is with the utmost respect for your mission that I humbly ask you to reconsider this planned acquisition and find a suitable location elsewhere. The Marine Corp has a need, but the off-road community also has needs and rights to enjoy and recreate in this well established OHV area. If this land were unused and dormant it would be a different situation all together but Johnson Valley OHV Area already has a purpose and is owned by thousands of tax-paying citizens like myself who are not willing to sacrifice such a pristine local to be turned into a practice war ground.

Respectfully submitted by
Philip W. Hall
Member of the following organizations:
Blue Ribbon Coalition
California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs
California Off-Road Vehicle Association
San Digo Off-Road Coalition

·
Registered
1 Posts
To whom it may concern:

Let me start by saying that I am in total support of our military and the Marine Corps.

While I understand that the Marines need space to train, the OHV community needs more places to be able to recreate. Because of many different factors, the areas in which we can recreate in have been shrinking at an alarming rate all across this great country.

The OHV community is growing by leaps and bounds, and our trails are closing left and right. This results in a supply and demand issue, with new additional users but declining legal areas. The result is increased illegal wheeling and damage to the legal trails from condensed use by a greater number of OHV’s. Closing this area to OHV use will create damage to other trails that are already overcrowded, which in turn will give way to more closures, locking us out of more of our public lands.

Whatever you do, please understand that you are not just taking an area of desert, you are effecting the lives of thousands of people who recreate in the Johnson Valley area. You will also be taking much needed money from the economy from lost tourism, local businesses will be effected and tax dollars will be lost.

Although I do not live locally in the area, all trail closures have an effect on my sport and I support efforts to help keep public land open to the public.

John Price ~ Massachusetts

Proud Member of:

Founder & President of South Shore Wheelers
United Four Wheel Drive Association Member
Northeast Association of 4wd Clubs Member
East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association
OSJ Member -Land Use Committee
RIOHVA Member
Member of Treadlightly
Member of BlueRibbon Coalition
Friends of Coy Hill
Friends of Eldorado

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Hope this helps

To Whom It May Concern:

My Father was a career Marine serving in Guadalcanal and Korea. I am a Vietnam Veteran. So let me start by saying that I am in total support of our military and the Marine Corps. Still, I am very worried about the Johnson Valley expansion by the Marine Corps, especially the additional area of interest. If the Marine Corps expand into this area, it will take away a very important area from the OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) community. The Hammer Trails, which are located in this area, are a main destination for OHV enthusiasts to bring their families to recreate in California. Competitions such as the recent, highly publicized "King of the Hammers" has also been held in this area. My wife and I plus our Grandkids love to camp and four-wheel . My family normally attends 10-12 OHV functions and camping trips each year. As Johnson Valley is seen as a "Mecca" by many OHV enthusiasts in the west, it has always been a dream of mine to take my family down there to recreate responsibly. Many OHV enthusiasts that live miles away visit the Hammers on a regular basis. While I understand that the Marines need space to train, you need to understand that our motor-sport is constantly under attack. Because of many different factors, the areas in which we can four-wheel in have been shrinking at an alarming rate. In Eldorado National Forest alone, for example, we stand to lose 1,800 MILES of trails. For us to lose such an important area as the Hammers to our sport would be like Baseball losing Wrigley field or Golf losing Augusta. We also have an undeserved reputation for "ruining" the environment. The OHV community is growing by leaps and bounds, while our trails are closing left and right. This results in more users in a smaller area, which results in damage to the trail from condensed use by a greater number of OHV's. Closing this area to OHV use will create damage to other trails that are already overcrowded, which in turn will give the "other" side more ammunition to lock us out of our public lands. Whatever you do, please understand that you are not just taking an area of desert, you are effecting the lives of thousands of people who recreate in the Johnson Valley area. Thanks you in advance for our help in this matter.

Yours Truly,
George Dempsey
5764 Cold Springs Dr
Foresthill, CA 95631
(530) 367-4870

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
and we are off...come on people lets get the pics and stories going...I my self have never made it to the Valley yet but have offroaded many of the areas around there.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The Hammer trails are a place that I have not had the opportunity to experience. I have many friends that have been to this trail system and I have read about them in many of the magazines and on website forums such as Pirate4x4.

I live in Middleton Idaho and have always wanted to travel to Johnson Valley. I have dreamed of the day when I can challenge myself and my custom made rock buggy on some of the most intense trails in the United States.

I find it very disheartening that this trail system would be closed off to public use because the military wishes to use it for training purposes.

Why take public land? There has to be a better solution for the United States Marine Corps to train their marines. Please consider the alternatives before shutting out the many families that have used this area for years and wish to use this area for years to come.

Sincerely

Tony Lancaster
Vice President, Idaho 4x4 Association
www.id4x4a.com

Member and former President, High Desert Offroad
www.highdesertoff-road.com

Member and former President, Idaho Offroad and 4x4
www.idaho4x4.com

15,440 Posts
I really am hoping to be able to visit Johnson valley and the hammers someday! Please consider all the people involved in our sport and favorite hobby(for me) when you make a decision. Thanks, T. N.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
I have never been to Johnson Valley or the Hammers, but someday I sure would like too.

It would be wrong to close an area that obviously provides such a great OHV recreational opportunity to so many people. Training for our military is of utmost importance, but they have other areas they can expand to, where we, the OHV community are limited to what we already have, and that area is shrinking every year while the numbers of people involved are growing. We are at a time when people are getting more involved in maintaining and respecting the areas that they use for OHV use.
This area needs to be kept open for public use. It is important to the people that have been there, to the people who would like to go there, and to the communities that rely on the dollars spent by the recreating public.

Rick Ferdon
Pollock Pines

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
To our Elected Officials,

Please do not allow our OHV areas to be taken away! The OHV community has recently lost many areas to several different factors. The USFS Route Designation process has closed countless miles of trails in our National Forests. Lawsuits by environmentalists have caused the closure of long time OHV areas including Truckhaven and Surprise Canyon. Natural disasters including the recent fires have forced the closure of some of my personal favorite locations in the southern California mountains. We cannot afford to loose any more.

In addition to the closures of historical riding areas, the county of San Bernardino, where the Hammers are located, along with neighboring Riverside County have recently passed restrictive ordinances on OHV use. I personally think that the San Bernardino County ordinance (3973) is a fair law that works to control illegal and irresponsible OHV use. I assure you that I and the vast majority of the OHV community would join with the environmentalists and OHV watchdog groups to stop actions like trespassing and creating a nuisance by operating a vehicle in populated areas. In fact, groups like the San Bernardino County Community ORV Watch http://www.orvwatch.com/ actually direct OHV users to the Johnson Valley OHV area, where they can operate legally.

The Riverside County ordinance (348.4213) I feel is too restrictive. The Riverside County Board of Supervisors summarily dismissed an ordinance that was drafted in cooperation with OHV groups and instead adopted an ordinance that limits private property owners from operating on their own property! Restrictions include the hours of the day when an OHV can operate, and the minimum parcel size per OHV in operation. This ordinance effectively outlaws OHV use throughout the county, and the county has NO legal OHV parks for its residents to legally recreate in.

I do agree that the need for the best training opportunities for our soldiers is of the utmost importance. I fully support our troops and want them to have the best opportunity to complete their duty and come home safely. I do not see where the annexation of the Johnson Valley OHV area is necessary to accomplish this goal. There are plenty of options for the 29 Palms base to expand in other directions.

Closure of the Johnson Valley OHV would also have a great impact on the surrounding community. Thousands of OHV enthusiasts visit the area each year. The varied terrain attracts all different facets of OHV user from motorcyclists, ATV’s, desert racers to rock crawlers. I personally make an average of four to six trips a year to the area, and actually expect that number to increase in the future. All of these visitors are a huge impact on the local economy which would surely suffer if the OHV dollars were to leave.

I thank you for your attention to this matter and look forward to your support.

Donald Gerber

Proud Member of
The Blue Ribbon Coalition
www.sharetrails.org

California Off Road Vehicle Association
www.corva.org

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my 2005 Jeep TJ and have been hooked.
I LOVE to wheel - it is one of the few things that can free my mind from work, family, bills, etc.

Please keep places like JV open to allow us the opportunity to wheel LEGALLY!

·
www.SBWinVPS.com
6,981 Posts
We wheel at the hammers 2-3 times a year, it would be a great shame to lose such an awesome area. I've been either wheeling or riding dirt bikes at Johnson Valley for almost 15 years. I hope we can open more areas for off road recreation, not close them.

1 - 20 of 1496 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.