Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1341 - 1360 of 1496 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Please do not close the Hammers, my family plans to visit there this year for 2weeks enjoying the wonderful area, both my Daughter and Son need to spend some time in the great outdoors not sitting in front of the TV......!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Save The Hammers!!!!!!!

Now that i have seen all these pictures of people that were fortunate to wheel at the hammers in johnson valley just makes me want to make the trip even more..... the places in my area that i have wheeled at now have houses built on them... Every year the OHV community loses more public land . The need is for more public offroad areas to be opened, not closed. i hope that Big Johnson, Claw Hammer, After Shock, Bender Alley, Hell’s Gate, Wrecking Ball, Jack Hammer, Sledge Hammer, Tack Hammer, and Backdoor will be open for the public to enjoy and wheel for years to come...

SAVE THE HAMMERS !!!!!!

Santos amador
Antioch ca 94509
[email protected]

VIRTUAL HAMMERS RALLY
MARCH 12th 2pm-6pm PST. ON THE PBB
VHR post #474,#1343

·
Administrator
63,764 Posts
I have one last thing to share. Recently my in-laws told us that they were discussing what they would like their final plans/resting place to be. They told us they decided to be cremated and would like both of their ashes to be scattered on the trails at JV, because they knew that they would at least see us once a year after they are gone :laughing: Funny, kind of odd, but they were totally serious. Where do we scatter them now? I, too had decided that I want my ashes spread on the lakebed at the Hammers because it's some of the best memories with family and friends I have. Taking away the Hammers affects things that you probably never thought about...like final resting places. :roxy:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I have never had the opportunity to visit the Johnson Valley ORV area. I hope to make it there in the near future. Please keep the public land available for the publics use. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
William H. Murphy

·
Jackstand Jocky
144 Posts
this is to great of a place to close. there are to many great things to do there. look at all possiblities for the place, and events that can be held there are unlimited and do nothing but good! please leave this open for the future generations to enjoy!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Please release your interest in the Johnson Valley Recreation Area so we can keep it open for the publics enjoyment. Thanks for hearing us (the four-wheeling community) out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have never been to the hammers, but it has always been a dream of mine to go, im an avid wheeler and do whatever i can to keep our trails open and work to gain access to more legal trails, please dont close the jv, thanks

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
I don't make it down to JV more than once a year, but I follow events that take place there all the time! When I do visit, I recreate with my family and dogs, and camp on the dry lake, and hike the canyons. We enjoy driving in the sand dunes area, on the dry lake itself, and on access roads and trails throughout the area.

Loss of Johnson Valley would be a tragic loss of unique OHV opportunity -- the area and its trails are irreplaceable to 4x4, motorcycles, ATVs, Rhinos, and dune buggies -- but the rugged beauty of the hillsides offers spectacular views, rock-hounding, and hiking.

This Virtual Rally is a powerful statement by organized motorized recreation about the importance of Johnson Valley. We're patriotic and we support our troops and the Marines, but Johnson Valley offers unique recreational value not available elsewhere, and we believe that the Marines can expand elsewhere with less impact to the recreation community and the resource. Indeed, we're willing to help find an alternative site.

Randii

·
Registered
136 Posts
My name is Nick and I recently have moved to California from New Mexico. I've been spoiled my whole life living in Farminton, and having Chokecherry Canyon as my backyard. I grew up going to rock crawling competitions, events, and cleanups. I think about Rock crawling, more importantly, offroading every day, it is my life. When I first moved out here to California, I was skeptical and immensly worried that my rockcrawling days would come to an end due to limited rockcrawling OHV areas. After about a month of living in California, I ran into a completely awesome group of wheelers (the Tin Benders), and they showed me the area known as the Hammers (AKA Johnson Valley OHV area). At the time, I didn't have my truck out here because I hadn't yet found a rockcrawling area that warranted such a drastic commitment. A month later I found myself buying a diesel truck and trailer just so that I would be able to tow my truck out here to California, I wanted more, I needed more. That was three months ago, and not a day goes by that I do not think about the hammers and when I am going back again. I will be devastated if these trails are closed. Please help us

·
Registered
3 Posts
From A Friend

I tried to register but the board must be too busy so I'm going under my my son's friends log in.

I love the hammers. There's no place like it anywhere. I don't want it to be closed. My son is only 2 but he loves to play in the desert with dad....He loves to go for a ride in my toyota. I enjoy kickin' it with him by the campfire and roasting marshmellows over the fire. I hoped to build him a rock crawler someday so we could wheel together. Don't take our land from us. Please.
A concerned dad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do not live near there.
I would one day hope to see this area with my children/family/friends.
Although I support our military endeavors and our troops, I find it hard to accept that this area would be better served if transfered to the USMC.

If it is transfered, myself (and many others) will find the contradiction between appropriate land use and national interests to be at odds once again.

Based on the regional population, their family oriented recreational activites, and their proximity to the area. I feel this is a poor choice for expansion.

Many other areas would (and will) welcome the USMC (along with many defense related activities) to utilize our urban areas.

Not this one, please.
Thank You for listening (I Hope).

BRC Member
IFSJA Admin

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I have read about the areas out west , but have never been there YET. They are on my list of places to see with my wife in another 10 years when I retire. What would be the point in retiring and just staring at each other. Please keep the nations forests open to the public.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I fully support this very important protest against the taking of more public lands, the places my family, for generations, have enjoyed spending their lives visiting.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
As an individual just starting out in the sport, it saddens me to see access to already scarce public lands limited even more. Johnson Valley and The Hammers are internationally known, any many like myself have long term plans to visit, please don't take this oppurtunity away.

·
Registered
232 Posts
For the last several years, I've been dreaming, planning, and building for an eventual "pilgrimage", if you will, to Johnson Valley. Now, the USMC wants to dash those hopes by taking over the land where the Hammers trails are located. I know there are many others like me that not only WANT to visit JV, but are actively preparing to make not only ONE trip to Johnson Valley, but perhaps even an annual trip to the area. I would absolutely HATE to see this area -- the nation's premier offroad area -- denied to me and everybody else.

-William Tweedy

·
Registered
293 Posts
To who it may concern:

I fully support training America's top military force in the best fashion possible, however I believe this can be achieved without Marine Corps Base 29 Palms acquiring the land around Johnson Valley. This land, commonly known as The Hammers, is a mecca for the four-wheel and off-road enthusiasts that reside around the country. Many people travel to Johnson Valley from near and far on a regular basis to partake in the sports they love. For some people it is a weekly place to visit, while for others it is a once a year opportunity to take the family and enjoy some responsible recreation in such a unique area.
Our sport has already recieved some bad attention due to a few unresponsible people, but as a whole our crowd is very into keeping our sport alive for many generations to come. The only way to do this is to ensure that we take care of the trails we use and to tread lightly. Many have already taken the initiative and started doing working parties and group cleanups. This has kept the land we use a lot cleaner than a select few might have left it in the past.
Overall, I hope this proposal is reconsidered so that all may enjoy the land for many years to come.
Thank you for your time.
-Garret Wagner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please keep the Hammer's open!!

I live in Texas and I take trips every year with family and friends to camp, hike and 4 wheel in places all over the United States. We've been to Utah, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri. I look forward to running the Hammers some day soon. It would be a shame to close such a great area that so many people have enjoyed.

Please keep this area open for everyone!

Mike Stout

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Living in PA, it is only a dream to get out there and wheel terrain like the Hammers. I will make it out there some day. Keep JV open.

1341 - 1360 of 1496 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.