Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1481 - 1496 of 1496 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
To Whom It May Concern...

Although I live in Ontario, Canada, I have a desparate need to go back to the SouthWestern USA. Three years ago, my wife (fiancee at the time) and I took a driving trip to BC, Canada and then down the coast to California. Although we never went to JV (not knowing of it then) the time we spent offroading in Cali and Utah was the highlight of our trip. The beauty and peacefullness of the area was amazing. We would like to make a trip back before we start our family and keep going back while our family grows together.

These OHV areas are some of the few safe, legal areas to do what we love to do best; enjoy nature in the vehicles that we have built. By and large we are willing to help out by spending money and or time to save these areas from extinction. Please let us know what we can do.

PLEASE DON'T CLOSE JV TO OHV USE!!!

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
The hammers has been the breeding ground for many of the rock sports that have emerged in recent years. More money, and connections have been made on that lake bed towards the sport than I care to even think. It would truely be a travesty to lose such a valueable resource.

·
Banned
64 Posts
The Hammers have been a big part of my recreational 4x4 hobby, my dad and in these past 5 years we have discover the hammers and we believe it is a great place to off road with family and friends but now that we have put many hours of our time to finally make our rigs capable of handling just about all the hammers trails. So what would I do with my rig without the hammers???????????????
Now that we come to find out that one off the best OHV areas in southern California is going to be taken away from the public is going to be a great lost to the off roading community, so please keep the hammers open.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
keep the Hammers open

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
We've taken some hard hits in trail closures, that we really hated to lose. But, nothng we've ever lost in the way of trail access would come close to being as bad as if we lost the Hammer trails in Johnson Valley.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My brother just called me and asked me to post this for him.

"Johnson Valley and the "Hammers" trails are a great area and it would be terrible to see the land taken away. "

Chris Nebel
Chico, Ca

·
Dodge Ram Newbie
415 Posts
Chiming in

The first thing is the share my appreciation for the US Marine Corps and what they do and have done for our country! I am glad we have you!
I hope to someday build my vehicle to the level of challenges offered at Johnson Valley. It is one of those places that people talk about going to and going back to. I am sure that pictures do not do it justice and sincerely hope that I will, one day, have the opportunity to try my luck there! I hope that this premier OHV area will not be swallowed up like many other legal OHV areas! Please let our collective voice be heard! Please allow our continued use of this area!
Loren, USCG AD 24 yrs and counting

·
Administrator
63,764 Posts
Sorry gang, its time to close the thread. Thank you all for your posts and support. If you didn't make it into this thread I will be starting another so you can continue to share your stories. :roxy:

·
Registered
219 Posts
What makes this country great is the freedoms provided for the people by the people. Taking the Hammers away from the off road community it like taking the 1st amendment away from the public.... down right unconstitutional.

-Dustin Flagge

1481 - 1496 of 1496 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.