Pirate 4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 957 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Living in very Deep South Texas I haven't had much of a chance to visit Tellico. However someday I would love to hit it up. Since I started offroading around 9 years ago I have seen the numerous wonderful pictures and the camaraderie shared out there and I have salivated at the mouth to go there. Please, Please keep the trails open so people who have dreamed of being there (ME for instance) can go!!! Thank you so much......................Kyle Bizzell

·
5,729 Posts
To all concerned,Myself nor my family have been to the Tellico area. We are avid off-roaders and would love to make Tellico a spot to visit in the future! Please keep this public land open to the OHV community and keep it open for many more generations to come.

Jen Lillund
Friends of Eldorado National Forest
Friends of the Rubicon

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
my name is jonathan emily and i ride with a group of guys called the Palmetto Krawlers out of greenwood south carolina.most of my group has been there many times but i have not.several of my friends are going this weekend.ive seen tons of pics and heard many a story about this mecca for east coast wheeling.i have been trying to plan a summer camping ride there hopefully to take place soon.i think it would be a tragedy for these trails to be closed.most of the people who enjoy them are hard working middle class americans who value there beauty and respect there boundrys.please dont close tellico .surely some compromise between wheelers and the powers that be can be reached in order to maintain a place where recreational 4wheeling and nature can function hand in hand,thank you.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Tellico OHV Park.

Hello there. I am Daren Rabago, and avid off highway enthusiast located in the Pacific Northwest. While I have not yet been to Tellico OHV area, I do look forward to the opportunity. I practice responsible off highway use, and have for nearly 20 years, and have gone all over the Western United States in search of adventure. I hope someday soon to visit the Tellico area, especially as my company has a Tennessee location that supplies parts to many users of the Tellico area.

I am always concerned with land closures, as it often has a ripple effect that puts additional pressures on other open areas, and then can lead to overuse there. On the west coast where most land is publically owned, we still have very limited areas that we can operate in.

So please, keep in mind that off highway users across the country come to Tellico to enjoy it, and that there is room for all users of public lands with proper management.

Thank you,

Daren Rabago
Member of:
Timber Tamers 4x4 club
Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association
Blue Ribbon Coalition
Washington Off Highway Vehicle Association
SEMA

·
Premium Member
5,280 Posts
Dear Sir or Madam,

Off Highway Recreation is a sport that does more than provide a means of entertainment. There are many benefits that may not be as visible, but are very important.

Operating off highway vehicles on public and private lands provides a hobby that friends and families can enjoy together. By traveling the many roads and trails in these lands, parts of this beautiful country that may otherwise not be seen can be readily enjoyed. Camping in these areas allows a chance for children to experience and learn more about nature. While participating in these activities, people can learn how to love and respect the outdoor world.

Groups of people forming OHV clubs provide many benefits to public and private lands. These clubs often organize major events aimed at cleaning trails and removing waste, helping to preserve nature for use by future generations. These clubs also organize events to benefit those outside of the OHV community. These events include blood drives, fundraisers for cancer research and treatment, and drives to provide to those in need such as toys for children.

The Upper Tellico OHV area provides an opportunity for many thousands of people to experience and participate in the benefits mentioned above. Many areas enjoyed by the OHV community are already under attack or have already been removed from public use. To continue this trend by closing the Upper Tellico OHV area to the public would only hurt the families and the communities that this sport survives on.

Please consider these issues in your decisions regarding the Upper Tellico OHV area, and other public recreation areas.

Regards,

Brian Ritchey

·
Registered
562 Posts
To whom it may concern;

I have never been to Tellico, but have had it on my list for years.
My feelings on motorized recreation on public land is applicable to any and all lands across the country, as many states are facing this same situation.

Myself, freinds and family have made full use of many public lands over the years for many forms of enjoyment using 4X4s, fourwheelers, walking hiking and biking. There has been a push lately across the country to close down many of the best places to recreate. Please, please do not close down another OHV park.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I am very concerned about the current closures at Tellico. Tellico is a place to enjoy nature and the sport of offroading while spending time with friends and family. The camaraderie at Tellico is unmatched anywhere in the world. Whether it’s the guy that offers his parts and assistance to a broken wheeler or the person that spots you to the top of guardrail, it’s great to be among people that share a common interest and love for the sport. The great times I have had at Tellico are irreplaceable, and is something that I love to share with others, and hope to one day share with my kids.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Hello

Please keep Tellico open. let this be a place where families can come a get away from the city and be together

Chad Cannon

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I have been to tellico only once prior, with 4 of my best friends. Coming from the cramped northeast united states, It was impossible for us to really understand the nature of the area. Where I come from in philadelphia, we dont have public land, or national forests. We dont have road and trail systems that one can explore all day. We don't have forests and mountains and rivers like the ones in the tellico ORV area.

We were so blown away by the environment and opportunities available to us at Tellico that we decided to drive 16 hours one way from philadelphia. w estayed for 3 days, and enjoyed every minute if the experience.

What a shame it would be if we or others could never go back to experience it again.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
I'm very concerned about the potential closings in Tellico. A large group of use drove nearly 12 hours last year to drive our OHVs on the trails. We were blown away by the work that the SFWDA had done on the trails. The trails are truly a wonderful experience. I do not believe the claims of TU hold merit and should be dismissed. Please consider these pleas to keep all of Tellico open.
Thank you,
Dan Guyer
Johnstown, PA

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Telico is one of the greats. It is one of the few spots in that part of the country that I would want to drive out to wheel. The variety of terrain offered at Tellico is the draw for many 4 wheel drive enthusiasts around the country. Please ensure continued acces to public lands for ALL citizens, of ALL levels of physical ability.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As my family grows and each of my kids gets intrested in the sport of 4 Wheeling I hope that the great places that are open to me to enjoy are still there for them. Tellico has always been a destination I desire to enjoy, I haven't had the opportunity to yet but sure hope it stays open to the public. That I live on the East Coast and have witnessed countless trail closures here I have to voice my opinion and say NO MORE CLOSURES. There have been many areas now closed that myself and clubs I belong to have maintained only to have the area closed by people who have no clue about our sport. We construct trails to enjoy our country while limiting the impact on the environment, plant new trees when others are removed, etc.

Save Tellico for us and our future children to enjoy. Say NO to trail closures and YES to educating those who know far too little about our sport.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I have yet to wheel Tellico, however, living in Indiana, I suffer from no legal free wheeling. As a result, it is necessary for me to travel long distances to wheel. One of the otherwise not necessarily recognized benefits of my having to travel such distances is the positive economic impact I have on the areas I travel through by buying food, fuel, etc.

While having a nice place to wheel is important to me, I hope that the money I spend on the way is of benefit to the communities I travel through.

Keep Tellico open, open more!

P. T. (Paul) Schram
P. T. Schram Rover Repair
Churubusco, IN

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
KEEP TELLICO OPEN!!!

Tellico is one of the few more intense places offroad Ive been. A couple times a year I would hit the ORV up until it hit back. :laughing:Tellico on lower 2 I managed to break my K5's frame in half :smokin:, as bad as is sounds I still had a great time, just like any other time ive been there.
This place as brung me closer w/ a lot of great people in the 4x4 world and closing it would be a detriment. Not only can people now not enjoy it, but future generations wont be able to experiance the joy of this beautiful place. :D

·
Moderhater
23,531 Posts
still building my toyota, it has been a want and desire to use the tellico trail system. keeping the trails open is the only way to show younger generations of people preservation and conservation of environment and resources. they need to see the beauty of nature, how are they to do this driving down a paved road?

someday my children will be taking these trails. how can we keep understanding of presevation, Tread Lightly!, or enjoy family time together with trails closed?

for the sake of the younger and future 4 wheelers in the world, keep it open!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have not yet had the opportunity to visit Tellico, but, it is one of the many places that I hope to visit in the coming years. I think places like this offer an amazing escape for families, as it allows them to spend time together in a fun, safe, outdoor setting. I hope it stays open for people to enjoy.

·
Banned
11,679 Posts
I being 19 and the first in my family to really want to "4wheel" have never been to Tellico. Hell I havent been alot of places such as moab, hammers, etc. I do know though, that these are many places I wish to visit in the future, and would like my kids to visit as well. Places like this being shut down hurts local economy as well as the 4wheeling group as a whole. We have very limited area to play in as it is, and receive a bad rep from people who feel outside the law. Taking away one of our designated play areas hurts us law obeying 4wheelers in many ways. We lost the land to wheel on, never good. It limits area to 4wheel in creating the oppurtunity for less educated groups to illegally wheel. Its a lose lose situation when looked at from all angles. Save Tellico and save the Hammers!:)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The Tellico trails should remain open to OHV use. The various clubs and organizations can be a huge asset to the Forest Service as they work towards mitigating erosion and sedimentation problems. This is a seemingly obvious compromise that gets obfuscated by special interest lobby groups who want the Upper Tellico OHV to be "their place, and their place only". Public lands should remain open to public use.

I'm a 31 year old professional who has not even had the chance to visit Tellico yet. But this year will be my first trip. I used to enjoy the outdoors in many ways (snowboarding, golf, hiking, mountain biking) but I am unable to partake in those activities now due to a degenerative neurological disorder. I can still enjoy the outdoors, and someday hopefully share the experience with my children, in my Jeep on the fantastic trails in places like Tellico. Please consider that all interest groups are stakeholders in the Tellico OHV area and we all want to see it healthy and open for year round enjoyment.

Thank you.

41 - 60 of 957 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.