Pirate 4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
921 - 940 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have not been to Tellico yet, but a trip is being planned. I have many friends that have been there and have nothing but praise for the area. Please keep Tellico open for me, my family and many others who enjoy the area.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Been to Tellico once, it was a fantastic trip. I'd love to be able to go multiple times once I get my rig finshed, or before that with other people.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Closing OHV areas to the public and limiting the areas where we can even see nature is UnAmerican.If these type of closures continue,countless businesses and communities will be affected, further hurting the U.S. Economy.Please keep Tellico open.

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
With nearly two thousand miles between me and Tellico, I don't recreate there frequently, but I have heard much of the opportunity available there, and believe that it is one of the crown jewels of motorized recreation -- much like Rubicon Trail, Moab, and Johnson Valley.
No, it is not in my backyard. Rubicon is... but you know what, Moab and Johnson Valley aren't in my backyard, either, and I still write letters, send money, and help where I can, even from miles and miles away... because as a tax-payer, my back-yard extends pretty damn far. My goal is to visit all these places that my taxes help support, and I'd sure like to be able to 'wheel in Tellico when I get there. I mountain-bike, hike, camp, canoe, and climb, but my trusty 4x4 gets me to the staging areas for all of these activities, in addition to the times when I'm just there to wheel and camp.

Losing trails ANYWHERE loses us ally OHV-ers who can help defend our local trails WHEREVER THEY MAY BE. We saw how this was a strength when Johnson Valley needed support, and now we need to BOTH:
* repay the Tellico folks who posted on the JV threads by posting in the Tellico Virtual Ralley
* "pay it ahead" for our local trails by posting in the Tellico Virtual Ralley

This is not just Tellico. This is ALL of our backyards, even if it ain't right in my backyard.

Randii
Randy Burleson
Volunteer and Tax-Payer

·
Registered
653 Posts
I haven't made it to Tellico yet, but I plan to in the near future. Hopefully it will still be there when I am able to get there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
here is another wheeler that i've met in the off-road community. see us on trail #4 at tellico. we are now good friends to. thanks to legal wheeling spots. i keep making more friends

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I still remember the story of Wild Bill and his buddy's CJ bombing up Lower 2. I still have the video and I bring it out every now and then just for a good laugh and to look back.

That wouldnt have been a Green CJ7 on 38 TSL's would it? Always with a White XJ on 38's? If so that is my brother in law, we used to run into y'all alot down there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a job, pay taxes, and vote. I am tired of having to cross places off my list that I want to visit because they have been closed. Please keep tellico open.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have never been to Tellico but have only heard great things about the OHV area. I have been recently introduced to he world of rock crawling and Tellico is always talked about being an epic place to go. I hope to one day visit the area with my family and enjoy what so many people have been enjoying for years.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have not yet been to Tellico. My Jeep is still being built, I love getting on here and looking thru the pictures from previous trips there. Tellico is the closest ORP to me. I will really be disapointed when I get my Jeep finsihed not to be able to run the trails everyone else has made look so much fun.

Thank You

·
Registered
152 Posts
Please don't close! About 8 or 10 years ago my wife and I traveled to the Tellico area for a weekend of four wheeling - had a lot of fun and plan of making it back there before long. We (as are the vast majority of OHV users) are responsible users of the trails. Keep in mind that when we drove from a different state we stayed in a motel, ate at local restaruants, and stopped at gas stations. All things that help the local economy. Lets make it so we are all happy!

Ryan

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

speak up or they will come for your trails next

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tellico is to the east coast like the hammers are to the west coast. I've seen both countless times in magazines and would like to visit both. Please don't take that opportunity away from us all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We have wonderful memories of our trips to Tellico. Many are memories that we will never be able to re-create, but want to visit/remember/try again often. My son is 7 and his favorite vacations have been to Tellico. He'll be devastated if he never gets the opportunity to experience the trails for himself.

Tellico Post #937

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
That wouldnt have been a Green CJ7 on 38 TSL's would it? Always with a White XJ on 38's? If so that is my brother in law, we used to run into y'all alot down there.
yes it would and that was one of the best trips I remember. LOL!!! Awesome :laughing:

·
Registered
583 Posts
save tellico
its one of the best wheeling spots out there. whats gonna happen when the legal places get shut down. do you think that thousands of expensive orv's are gonna just sit around. no!!!! hello power lines here we come. and anywhere else . so lets keep it responsible and keep the legal places open.

921 - 940 of 957 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.