Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its official. This past weekend we picked up our newest Modstock addition to Team Offlimits4wd. Met with Scott Angell from Team Rubberbelly Racing in St Louis Mo sat. night to pick up the #117 Geo Tracker.
For anyone following the Rubberbelly build thread and was wondering why the red Geo went white now you know. This has always been my favorite MS car and when I heard it might be up for sale I jumped on it. I know it was a tough decision for Team RBR to make but they have plans that will take them in a different direction and I wish the whole RBR family all the best with whaterver it is they decide to do.

Plans for 2011 will be Werock Hannibal Rocks, Werock Badlands, Rrock and of course Sherock. I will be driving and have asked Scott to spot for me if he plans at being at any of the same events. My wife Heidi will be replacing my spot in our old Tracker. Canyon my 10 year old son will be driving for Sherock and is already begging to drive in Rrock. :D

There is alot to learn in the short time before our first comp in June so I plan on getting as much seat time as possible. We will be making the trip to Attica this weekend for our first practice.

Would like to say a big thank you to Scott, Jake and the Whole RBR family. I hope I can keep the Geo in the spotlight for years to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Congrats brian
Couldnt have gone to a better home
Daryl

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
That is awesome. A great rig and a great team. Both before and now. RBR and Offlimits have been great to compete against. Best of luck to Offlimits. Just glad I've moved out of MS so I don't have to keep grumbling "it's a @%)*@# Geo!"

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Best of luck guys! I know there are threads here where people buy and sell buggy's like fast food, but I am not one of them! It will definately be missed and know we couldn't ask for a better family for our car to go to!
Jake

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. Only mod we will have to do is to the drivers seat. I love where it is right now but Canyon Can't see over the wheel. lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First practice day was this weekend. We made it to the Badlands Sunday and the Tracker did awesome. I'm completly at home driving it and it felt like I have been driving it forever. Scott, Jake and the Rubberbelly crew really built a fantastic car. This was the first time for me driving a car someone else has built but I couldn't be happier with the way it performed.
It rained the day before we got there and everything was so muddy. We even got stock in the excursion pulling in the campground. The only upsetting thing was how dirty the car got.
Werock East Hannibal Rocks June 24th will be our first comp of the year and I feel confident I will do well driving. Couldn't feel better knowing Scott will be out front spotting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Werock this weekend. Talk about some pressure. I will be driving with RBR spotter Scott Angell spotting for me and former #117 RBR driver Jake Good announcing the comp. Yikes! This will be my first time competing in a car someone else has built. I'm nervous as hell. :D At least Scott knows every inch of the Tracker.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Are you ont he road yet!

Best thing is to run through some rocks with scott before you get on course. It always helped me settle the butterflys after a long off season!

Best of luck!
Jake

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What a great time. First time competing in the new car. First time working with Scott. First W.E.ROCK non ASN event. First time getting a pro 1ST Place. Made a few mistakes over the weekend but nothing a little more seat time won't fix. Other than an alt problem at the start of day 2 everything worked great. We finished all 4 courses on Friday and 2 of the 4 on muddy Sat. One we didn't finish we still had the best score.
Working with Scott was awesome. He really knows the car and always has a cool plan for each course.
Oh we did give it some new numbers so its now the #206 Tracker.

Next up is W.E.ROCK Attica in July

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts