Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I are interested in fabricating a trail trailer. We're not looking for anything too large, just enough for some ice chests and some camping gear. I am panning to tow it with a yota, so we are interested in keeping the trailer weight as low as possible without compromising durability. I did a search in the general 4X4, but came up with a lot of huge tent style trailers. anyone out there have pics of some smaller toyota style trailers? We need some ideas so lets see those trailers.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
This is one of the most badass trail trailers out there in my opinion. It's a highly modified M416 trailer. Lots of thought went into the design of mods of this trailer and it's turned into a killer little trailer. Although it was designed more for expedition use, it would handle more serious trail use without a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Find a dead pick up. Cut the bed off extend in front use Pental (sp) hitch. Put lift on to match pulling truck and same size tires. Walla trail ready trailer and you didnt need to sell a testicle to get it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks joker, looks like i get to keep both nuts. we already have a lot of the material to fabricate a trailer, we just want to find a nice sized layout and suspension setup. the more trailers we get a look at, the better we will be able to make our own.

·
Registered
13,999 Posts
Photocrop Fun

Something I came up with in Photocrop in response to The Joker's idea:

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
My brother had a very nice trailer set up that way. Used his old tires on the trailer so worse case he had additional trail spares, he built places around the side to hold additional driveshafts and axles securely and camping equipment. One thing he would have done different is rock guards of some sort for ease in sliding over things. Something else to keep in mind is it will tip over quite often, I think he tipped his 2 or 3 times on the 'Con.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts