Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to put a piston on my 1976 Hodaka 250 thunderdog last night, and the crank would not move. At all.
I pulled the jug a few motnhs ago, stuffed a rag in the motor around the crank, which turned fine when she was parked, and she sat inside a shed for the fall as I gathered my parts and the like. Looks like I took way too long. The motor had oil in it, and i KNOW it turned before.
She is currently sitting to the brim full of yamalube hoping it will free up.

Am I completely poked, or is there anything i can do (aside from pout, whine and pray) to free it up? I tried dropping it in a high gear and rocking the bike-nothing.

What sucks is that this is a nice clean origianl bike, that I got off the second owner in unreal shape for the age. The motor was on it's origianl bore, and still has original tires and everything.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I used atf once and got a mtor free..It might work better then yamalube ..atf works as a great cleaner,ok on rust too..

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else who has this problem, I got a tip from another vintage mx guy, and he said to pull the flywheel cover, and lock onto the flywheel with a big pair of waterpump pliers, slowly rocking it back and forth.
Worked perfectly, and kept me from dropping a ton of money and time into a lower end rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts