Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
66,779 Posts
I just bought a re-master of Gamma 3. Love that album, but forgot how much it was overun with synthesizers. Also had to do a Wiki on Ronnie, didn't realize he offed himself back in 2012. Sold a lot of records for that dude.

Gamma got my attn for about 30 mins or 30 days, I forget which. Not even a flash in the pan. The Firm, similar result. On another note, Hagar never impressed me. Not any of his stuff did. Ronnie was a solid meh...

·
Wiseguy
63 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Have you not heard of usps, ups, or fedex? Shipping is cheaper than your time and gas.
If you aint got a job, time is free, these weren't car speakers they were some sort of vintage house speakers so the shipping was close to the sale price. Not to mention not sure seller could have packaged them sufficient to survive shipping.

15,446 Posts
I still remember cranking this out through the newly installed 6 inch Pioneer door speakers and rear deck 6 x9s pushed by a Kraco 40 watt per channel 5 band graphic equalizer in my 66 Impala.:homer::smokin:
Same combo: Sammy and Ronnie:flipoff2:

more classics just for fun:

Thanks for the memories! :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Anything?

Did he at least thank you offline?
NADA havent heard a word, I am fine with it I was merely paying forward from someone bailing me out a while ago.

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
What is the end result here?

I'm thinking fuck the OP?
As far as I know the seller delivered the speakers to the buyers chosen rep, but buyer has not confirmed it. I am done and moving on

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I answered V6toy4x in a PM but it appears he never got it. Speakers were dropped off but NOT in the condition as described. One of the graphite woofers (unobtanium) was broken and repaired with silicone. Not shocked based on the chain of events and I can part them out to get my funds back if need be.

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts
You do know that speaker technology has come a long ways since the 70's, right?

I find it funny that JBL is asking $4000 for a set of L100 re-issues.
Those things were harsh back in the day, I can't imagine they're much better now.

141 - 160 of 171 Posts