Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone purchased the carry gun I built and wanted the tritiums installed.
These things are :smokin:
Going to install them on my own carry 1911

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
hell ya, I have them on my sig and they rock...

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I bought a set of TruGlo's TFO night sights. Tritium impregnated fiber optic, excellent during the day and night. Took my Glock shooting from okay, to pretty damn good, now that I can see the sights. They ran me 100 bucks flat and the shop I bought them at installed them for free. Probably the best upgrade I ever did to the gun.

·
Registered
505 Posts
very cool........cant wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Tritium rules at the bestest level. I have a tritium fiber optic sight on my bow and it extended my shooting time to exactly the legal shooting hours and I'm still within my known accurate range

·
Registered
11,406 Posts

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
30,199 Posts

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Gotcha. I'm still rockin the 3 pin sight that came on my bow. I don't spend enough time flinging arrows to justify a new bow or sight, nor can I justify the expense. Plus I don't really shoot 30+ yards, though that 7 pin sight is kinda neat on the bling factor. :D
OOOH lordy you need to shoot a Matthews. I shot one before i ever saw a commercial for them. The commercials don't hype them enough. They are the quietest bow I have ever shot/seen. Absolutely balanced too. Tritium sights are definately worth the money and if $40 is still more than you want to spend I'd at least recommend some fiber optic sights that cost like $20. Still worth it IMO

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
The G19 I just bought had meprolights on it. I took them off. Anyone need Glock night sights, let me know. $50 and they're yours.

I tossed a set of Sevigny carry sights on it (all black) I run those. At any defensive distance inside my home, I'm extremely proficient point-shooting a Glock. A 6" group at 7-10 yards is pretty standard - I do it once or twice a week at our indoor matches, where everything is short and fast.

I just don't like most tritium's because they have more of a 'target' profile to the sights. I like a taller sight set with a very wide rear notch, and a very narrow front post. The Dawson/Heinie combination on my match gun, and the Sevigny's on my carry gun are very similar. The match gun just has a fiber-optic front post for outdoor stages. :)

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I'm looking at these Trijicon sites and there are 2 options. How the hell do you know which one to get? Or does it matter??

The gun in Question is a Taurus 1911b

Trijicon Night Sight Set 1911 Stake-On Wide Tenon Front and Standard Rear Cut Steel Blue Tritium

Trijicon Night Sight Set 1911 Stake-On Narrow Tenon Front and Standard Rear Cut Steel Blue Tritium

Anyone got a clue? Thanks,

Brett

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Where can I get some of these installed on my 92FS??? I know the front is gonna have to be drilled and inserted

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a set of Meprolights on my G19. I like em. I'd buy TNToy's if I had another Glock that needed night sights. I need to get a set for my 1911 now.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts