Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
It is not a matter of minutes....but a matter of seconds. They don't last long at all. They will ramp the pressure down to zero in about 15seconds (at least the one I was messing with did-1.5qt on a motorcycle motor).

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Accusump, by Canton, is a very popular accumulator in many racing applications outside drag racing, where Moroso is popular. Canton has a great deal of options and accessories compared to Moroso. I am attaching a link. They have a 3-quart model that I am planning on using.

Per Canton - "This release of oil could last from 15 to 60 seconds, depending on the size and speed of the engine."

http://www.accusump.com/

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I've been running one of the 1.5 quarts all of this summer,in my cruiser. Seems like it's good for wall climbs, but one time it shot the oil in when I was trying to drive out of a roll(leaning to the passenger side) and it seemed like it created more of a smoke show then normally without having it. Been wondering if running a smaller orfice leading into the oil gally would help? I don't have baffels in my pan, still been looking for a good sbc oilpan with decent trapdoors/baffels. Seems like it's a good cheap solution to dry sumping. Any one else with some first hand knowledge?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts