Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done a homemade kit? Also if you have any links to a site that sells them, I am sick of where mine is at. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Stop tightening your filters with a wrench. I've never had one fall off that I torqued by hand. Makes them really easy to remove with one twist of a wrench.

Also, if you're IFS, it gets much easier to change the oil after an SAS. ;)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
klif02 said:
Anyone done a homemade kit? Also if you have any links to a site that sells them, I am sick of where mine is at. Thanks.

Yep. I think you will like the way I did mine. My 4Runner is a diesel, but that will only change one part on the install.

Take a look (yes, I know. the site is new, and not completely operational)
http://clean4x4.com/bypass.htm

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TNToy said:
Stop tightening your filters with a wrench. I've never had one fall off that I torqued by hand. Makes them really easy to remove with one twist of a wrench.

Also, if you're IFS, it gets much easier to change the oil after an SAS. ;)
I do tighten it by hand, at work I use a wrench like 1 turn past how hard I can do it with my hand cause I don't want to get in trouble. This wasn't my question though. I was wondering where to get the adapter etc to do an oil filter relocation. And that dual filter thing sounds really nice. I might look into that a little more, Anyway....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts