Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got done installing my compressor and running my lines. I was checking for leaks and had one on the fitting of the front third. So i pull it off and it looked like there was like oil or somethin all in the line. It looked like i pulled off a break line or somethin except it dint bleed out. BTW, it is a brand new third from inchworm R&P never spun, with a mini compressor and braided lines. Did i fawk up the copper line on the inside or somethin or what?

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
ACE-CAGE-#29 said:
Welcome to the world of ARB's. You can expect to see seeping oil from the solinoid in the future. What you are seeing is normal.
No its not, it means the the O-rings on the manifold inside the diff are leaking. Contact Jim, he will take care of you. You may be able to here it leaking if you take the fill plug out and put your ear up to it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Check your bulk head fitting and make sure it is tight. I just took mine down to ARB yesterday with the same problem and the hooked it up and found the leak in no time. Just put a guage in line and load the system. watch the air guage and listen for leaks. We did that and in no time found the bulk head fitting had came loose. Also the two seals in by the carrier bearing some times get messed up. One thing Tim (Great guy to talk to @ ARB) told me to do was loosen up the three bolts on the side of the coller, put air to the locker. This will center the collor on the shaft, then tighten down the allen head screws. Turning the pinion helps get that coller in the center as well. When you just tighten that coller down and no air in the locker there is a chance it could be sitting to one side or the other, and you will get a leak there even if the seals are good.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ACE-CAGE-#29 said:
Welcome to the world of ARB's. You can expect to see seeping oil from the solinoid in the future. What you are seeing is normal.
I have had an ARB in my last Rig and it never leaked any oil out of the lines or solinoid.

I have herd about leaky O-rings with ARB's but i thought that, that was caused from wear and tear and abuse. I havent even put it in 4-wheel? So is this common with new ARBs?

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
OOP'S said:
No its not, it means the the O-rings on the manifold inside the diff are leaking. Contact Jim, he will take care of you. You may be able to here it leaking if you take the fill plug out and put your ear up to it.
Gramps - you are on-the-ball lately! Perfect answer, and keep up the good work :cool2:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I had ARB's in my old Ranger and in the 4Runner I have now and they don't leak oil either. One time in my old Ranger I had the rear beather leaking air and pushed some oil out but that was cause of a bad O-Ring. The ARBs were put in the truck in 97 and didn't start leaking till 2002.

Good Luck

·
Cranky Moderator
7,366 Posts
I had a leaker, and when I told Gearman about it, all he said was bring the truck in. He then fixed it no charge, and all I originally brought him was my thirds, not the truck. Now that's great service!!!

Mine have not leaked since then, not a drop.

Jim at Inchworm is the same way, he will take care of you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts