Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have had water in my oil before from blown head gaskets. But yesterday i went to check my coolant level and found a little oil in the expansion tank. 3.9 1994 rrc runs fine doesn't get hot or lose coolant or oil. Also no water in the oil. What might cause oil in the coolant? I was thinking a crack in the radiator between the oil cooler and the radiator maybe. Any ideas?

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Very, very, very rare to have such issues in an early NAS V8.

Look for an issue with the timing cover gasket.

There are no coolant passages near oil passages to the heads thus if it is due to overheating, it's BAD.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it does not over heat and has not over heated. so its most likely not a radiator oil cooler problem then? think ill drain the coolant and flush the system see if it happens again. so the timing cover can cause oil to get into the water then?

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Ease of radiator removal depends upon where the OP is. Around here, trying to remove the cooler lines can result in having to replace cooler lines and the rad.

While rust is the bane of Rover owner's existence, if the process that causes it ever stops, we have experienced the "Heat Death of The Universe".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts