Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guage is now sitting at 0. The oil level is good so I think the sending unit went out. Happened after my electrical went dead so I think the sending unit died too.

Where's the thing located? My garage is a mess with my remodel and I can't find either of my manuals.

·
Registered
367 Posts
it's just a little south of the oil filter. Mine is shaped like a small bell with one wire attached. It screws right into the block.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I got mine at NAPA, half the price of a dealer.

You can verify that it is the sender by turning your ignition switch on and grounding out the wire that goes to the sending unit. If it pegs the guage, you know you have a bad sending unit or worse, no oil pressure!!

·
Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool.. Thanks. I thought that's what it was but needed to be sure. I checked the oil and coolant and they are fine. radiator compression is good too.

What would be the cause of no oil pressure, provided the sending unit isn't bad. The oil is at the appropriate level and the oil pump worked when I put it in less than 5000 miles ago.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
msj said:
couldn't it be a pluged line? Mine sends presuized oil to the back of the guage. This is not stock though.
You have a mechanical aftermarket gauge, the stock gauge is electric, something you might someday you my wish you had if the line ever breaks at the gauge!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts