Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a new motor or the driver side rockers squire oil but the pass side doesnt, anyone got a clue? the motors ur usual stuff, flat tapped hydro lifters/roller rockers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im using the actual tool,

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
a assembly lube pluged lifter hole, try rotating everything around by hand a few times then prime, turn, prime, turn. this is why some builder wont use assembly lube, they will just dip everything in 50w, if you do this you need to build and run it soon, dont let it sit for a few weeks then try it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i soaked the lifters in assembly lube, but why would all the lifters on the driver side pump up and non on the pass side pump up? ive actually turned the crank a few times and still nuthing.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
if the blockage is at the first lifter.................

also check the oil passage plugs, theres 3, one in the fly wheel cavity, one in the deck surface half coverd by the head at the back of the block, and one in the timing cover. sometimes they arent secure or they are incorrect ive seen a few pipe plugs that are jb welded and just pushed in intead of being threaded in. the other way too, the freeze plug pushed into a half tapped hole, it will leak around the plug.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trkklr77 said:
if the blockage is at the first lifter.................

also check the oil passage plugs, theres 3, one in the fly wheel cavity, one in the deck surface half coverd by the head at the back of the block, and one in the timing cover. sometimes they arent secure or they are incorrect ive seen a few pipe plugs that are jb welded and just pushed in intead of being threaded in. the other way too, the freeze plug pushed into a half tapped hole, it will leak around the plug.
haha ya the one half covered by the head i missed and when i went to pump it up haha i got squirted, had to pull the head off and readjust the rocekrs :mad3: thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts