Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here i go I will reword the question to make it more tech worthy. When looking in my owners manual I notice that the non Hemi style engines in the 2006 dodge ram required 5w 30 and the hemi calls for 5w 20. What specifically determines this in the engines? What technically is the determining factor when it comes to oil viscosities in an engine? If the hemi running different metals in the block, piston etc. that require the different viscosity? Are the build and engineering specs tighter and the tolerances lower thus requiring the lighter weight oil? Under normal operating temps, loads and working conditions will there be any difference in using a 5w 30 vs a 5w 20? Also those with newer hemi experience when changing your oil to ever see very fine metal flake in your oil? I see quit a bit of very fine gold specs in my oil. Engine has 51,000 miles on it, oil change religously since I bought it with 32,000 on it. What could be giving the brass/gold flakes? engine still runs strong, plugs clean, no other issues.

Thanks for input.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
You forgot the bleach. Your truck needs bleach. Go get some, drink it and your truck will last longer and so will our patience.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok Elwenil, I am sorry for getting my panties in a wad. I have not been on here as often as lately. I did not know this crap was happening almost every day.:shaking::shaking::flipoff2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or someone could have simply pulled their head out of their arse and said its no big deal or simply change it out. Sigh!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
shouldnt hurt anything. If you do a metric buttload of towing, I might consider changing it, but that would be about it.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
First let me apologize. We are sorry for acting this way when you had an honest question and was just seeking some help and advice. We will try to do better in the future, but in the meantime, please read our forum rules that can be found at this link:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512783

Oh, and go fuck yourself. Have a great day! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First let me apologize. We are sorry for acting this way when you had an honest question and was just seeking some help and advice. We will try to do better in the future, but in the meantime, please read our forum rules that can be found at this link:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512783

Oh, and go fuck yourself. Have a great day! :flipoff2:
Once again sorry to have wasted your time. Figured there might be a brand specific concern I might have with the hemi. Oh and by the way just keep wasting your time. throwing insults and cussing and all. It is really keeping things on topic and tech related.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Threads like this are garbage as they get deleted because the original poster (you) did not follow the rules. They only reason they hang around is either because we are having fun with it for cheap entertainment, or because DRM hasn't made it in here to scrap it yet. So no, the fact that none of this is on topic or tech related doesn't mean a damn thing and I'm enjoying myself. Aren't you?

·
Registered
243 Posts
OOH so sorry you wasted 2 seconds of your life on a pathetic oil question. If it was so bad do not bother posting and get over it.
If you would have taken the time to read your owners manual... you wouldn't have to ask such a stupid question!

If you had a drop of common sense... you wouldn't have to ask such a stupid question!

If you had taken the time to read the first thread in this forum, the one that says "read this BEFORE posting" you would know not to ask such a stupid question!

The stupid questions I hate most are the "How big a tire can I fit on my stock POS?" and you just fucken beat it ten fold you dumb ass.

You're a looser and there has to be a place for a dumb shit like you and your dumb ass questions on the web for sure but this ain't it so FUCK OFF!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think he'd be fine if he thinned the oil with some varsol. I think the ratio is 8 oz per 5 oil weight, so it should take 16 oz to get it from 5W30 to 5W20. If you want to check it after you can use a feeler gauge and a 2 pound block of steel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to high jack your thread:flipoff2:, but I have a related question... The wd40 in my garage is right next to the vagisil, which is right next to the tampons...........

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think he'd be fine if he thinned the oil with some varsol. I think the ratio is 8 oz per 5 oil weight, so it should take 16 oz to get it from 5W30 to 5W20. If you want to check it after you can use a feeler gauge and a 2 pound block of steel.
For real? This sounds like a bad idea.

To the others, it is good to see that other dodge owners are asses. Just the way the world turns I guess. It is too bad that you do not have better things to do than sit on the computer trying to make up for small member size by insulting others.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts

To the others, it is good to see that other dodge owners are asses. Just the way the world turns I guess. It is too bad that you do not have better things to do than sit on the computer trying to make up for small member size by insulting others.
since it appears they had there way with you, here is an answer for you.

If the truck has the computer that shuts down cylinders at cruising speed, then it can potentially turn on an engine light. if it doesn't it will be fine.

·
Registered
551 Posts

Honestly guy, you need to stop being butthurt, admit you made a mistake, and if you really want an answer, go to the newbie section. This is HARDCORE DODGE TECH ON PIRATEFUCKING4X4. We are not nice, it is kill or be killed. If you bothered to read the rules you would know you went swimming with piranhas.

To answer your question 5w-30 is fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Having a sense of humor on this site is not an option. Everyone else was laughing and you got your question answered. If you are truly worried; clean you catch pan, dump the oil, and save it for the next time the Mrs. car needs a change.:p

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Sorry to high jack your thread:flipoff2:, but I have a related question... The wd40 in my garage is right next to the vagisil, which is right next to the tampons...........
Thanks... I just spewed water all over my keyboard and computer desk.

To the OP- Just post in the newbie forum where we newbies gadoodle. Its ok. Its not like your being degraded, demoted, or just plain suck. It just keeps the advanced tech section clear of train wrecks like this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts