Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Oil futures are 20+ dollars. Unless you've got a tanker, you can't buy at this price.
well then i expect to see a full harbor of tankers just hanging out for the next few months :laughing:

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #133

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Thanks for the link, that makes great sense - and shows that today's activity is not strictly a consequence of paper commodity trading but was certainly very strongly driven by it.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
futures contracts are in the negatives, I have no idea how that works.
It means that the oil producers have so much product on hand that they have to pay people to store it.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
It means that the oil producers have so much product on hand that they have to pay people to store it.
It also means that those who have contracts to buy have no where to store it. Those who have contracts to buy next month again will have no where to store it, thus the negative price.

To the one who mentioned the downstream businesses and works will be ok, that is not true. There is no where for the downstream products to go either. The only way to resolve is to get global demand moving quick and that is not going to happen before global economies and businesses go bankrupt. It is a depression.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
To the one who mentioned the downstream businesses and works will be ok, that is not true. There is no where for the downstream products to go either. The only way to resolve is to get global demand moving quick and that is not going to happen before global economies and businesses go bankrupt. It is a depression.
Yep, refineries are closing.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
It also means that those who have contracts to buy have no where to store it. Those who have contracts to buy next month again will have no where to store it, thus the negative price.

my thoughts too, great depression 2.0

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
my thoughts too, great depression 2.0
Well, the oil industry is in a depression. We will have to see how that goes within the full economy. Of course, retail is starting to move in that direction. I think Russia may very well fall into a depression.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep, refineries are closing.
what refineries are closing? Philly, NY harbor, and surrounding area is still hopping. PBF, P66, Motiva, Shell, are all still moving cargo. I've been nonstop in the 3 weeks I've been back at work. So downstream (up here anyway) hasn't been affected yet that I can see. Not sure about the rest of the US.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts