Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten the 2.5L and auto out of the junker car and bolted up in my zuk. It looks like it'll all fit well, but it's tight. Definitely don't try this at home if you want to keep your fenders / grill / stock T-Case location. I am going to be running an intermediate shaft with about 1" of tubing on it, and the fan is about even with the front of the stock radiator. Luckily mine is stretched, and I yanked the fenders and grille off today.

Speaking of, I ripped off the fenders, grille, and dashboard this morning as part of the diet plan on the zuk, and was disappointed. The fenders and core support probably don't weight 50 pounds combined, and the factory dash was only about 10.

Ok, all that aside, here's where I need help:

I have an absolute spaghetti bowl of wiring in my garage off this donor car.

I am intending to keep the tracker guage cluster, ECM, and motor / tranny.

To that end, I disassembled the entire car and removed the interior harness. I started tracing wires and anything that let to a non-essential item got axed.

Unfortunately part of that axing was all of the relays that are stashed in inconspicuous places. Most of them seemed to be tied to things like door locks, wiper motor, etc. Problem is I never found one that provided power to the ECM.

Now I have the ECM sitting there with about 15 wires coming off of it that are dead-ended, and one of them must have been important. I'm at a total loss to find the wiring diagram online, so I'm hoping someone will at least know the color of the primary power wire.

Also, I assume this thing needs an input ground, and is not simply grounded through it's chassis? When I went to "hot wire" the car off the ECM and trimmed down harness, the ECM was isolated from chassis ground.

Right now I have it so bad off that when I apply power to the harness, all that comes up on the cluster is odometer (reading a nice 907 miles:) )

What am I missing? Anyone know?

Any basic "this color does this" input? So far my big mysteries are a pink wire with a white stripe, a white wire with silver bands on it, and a white wire with a red stripe. All of these are wired back and forth across each other all over the interior.

Anyone know a source for the factory wiring diagram? I don't care what the price is.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hey Foley! hows it going?

I think your best bet will be to call Brent at Trail Tough and talk to him. He makes a conversion harness for the Tracker to Sammy engine swaps. I know it costs money, but in the long run I know your time is more valuable than what he charges.
I understand that its all a plugin deal. Call him and talk to him, he's a good guy to deal with.

I am looking all over for a schematic for you, and have not found one online yet, but I remember seeing one somewhere :confused:

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orionn said:
Hey Foley! hows it going?

I think your best bet will be to call Brent at Trail Tough and talk to him. He makes a conversion harness for the Tracker to Sammy engine swaps. I know it costs money, but in the long run I know your time is more valuable than what he charges.
I understand that its all a plugin deal. Call him and talk to him, he's a good guy to deal with.

I am looking all over for a schematic for you, and have not found one online yet, but I remember seeing one somewhere :confused:

Hey man,

I was planning to call them today. Just depends on what it takes. All I need is the schematic really, but I figure if anyone will have it, he will.
jimmyroyse said:

Nope, that's a 4 cyl harness. There are about 3x the wires on the 6 cyl.

Any more ideas? I need 'em

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jimmyroyse said:
I'm not finding much, but this is from a remote starter site the12volt.com.

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/wirecolors/VehicleDetail?modelID=1289

its a start anyway. :rolleyes:

I viewed the holy grail today at lunch.... suzuki's wire diagram book for the V6 sidekick... and the bastards wouldn't sell it to me.

I did look at it enough to learn a few things.

I managed to order what is supposedly the right book from helm.... $180 and it'll be here wednesday.

Thanks for the help guys, keep it comin!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Give me the exact make model year and anything else you have on the car it came out of. I will do my best to get you a copy of the factory harness.
Probably have to email you an attachment or something.
Brian.

·
Registered
465 Posts
[QUOTE
Unfortunately part of that axing was all of the relays that are stashed in
Anyone know a source for the factory wiring diagram? I don't care what the price is.[/QUOTE]

Contact Rick @ Hawk Strictly Suzuki,He has ALL the answers and the sources................................................

·
Registered
242 Posts
foley said:
I've gotten the 2.5L and auto out of the junker car and bolted up in my zuk. It looks like it'll all fit well, but it's tight.

Any basic "this color does this" input? So far my big mysteries are a pink wire with a white stripe, a white wire with silver bands on it, and a white wire with a red stripe. All of these are wired back and forth across each other all over the interior.

Anyone know a source for the factory wiring diagram? I don't care what the price is.

Hi foley,

I jsut put the European 2.0l V6 into my Sami. Wiring will be not the same but maybe it is close:
- The main relais and relais for the fuel pump are located at the heater blower
- There is a small box for the immobilizer unit. You will find it when you trace the antenna wires that go from the plastic ring around the igintion switch to the box.
- re cable colors:
pink / white strip: to right O2-sensor (with auto tranny additional P / W to "Power" light)
white: Power from battery (for memory)
white / red stripe: The only one I have is the one from the generator. It does not go into my ECM but into the instrument cluster to the "battery" light.
Ground: I had one major ground point with a connector and lots of wires near each front door.

After having done the swap I would hook main and fuel pump relais from the donor to ECM and to the Sami harness. Once that works I would try to connect all the sensors etc. at the engine.

Here is the link to my post, maybe the part on electric is useful for you: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283075

Hope this helps a bit.

Best regards,

norbert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts