Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just the front driving lights stopped working the highbeams still work, i measured the voltage at the plug and i am getting over 12 volts there what could the problem be? its a 1992 tracker

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
A broken filliment in the bulb? :D

Seriously, check the ground to make sure it si good. Is the plug-in connection corroded?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the plug in connector is all clean, i tired different bulbs too and they didn't work either, how do i go aobut checkign the ground where is it?:confused: i tired to follow the wires but it leads into a big birds nest(if you know what i mean)

·
Registered
87 Posts
this just happend to my g/f's 91 tracker as well....

we just go to the first click on the switch

we have a DRL module right?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i do have the drl switch but my day time lights also don't work either just the highbeams i ahve to drive around witht he highbeams on pple keep giving me one of these:flipoff2: guess they like my truck heheheheeh
so any thoughts to as where the grounds are for the head lights?? :confused: :confused: just ired to look for them but have had no luck

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just took a brouse thru my manual(haynes) and well ifollow all the wires but it dosen't list which wires are the ground wires are the head lihgts grounded thru the side marker lights beside the headlights? as that is really the only ground i can see from these diagrams or is it grounded thru the fuse box?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I am almost positive that the headlight ground is on the brace for the front grill piece. You need to check the screws holding that to the fender and the grill, but most importantly you need to take off the screw holding the grounding wires on, sand the area down around the hole to shiny metal and use a bolt instead of a stupid screw :)mad: Man I hate those stupid screws :mad:), then reassemble and shoot the area afterwards with a little spray paint.

I just bought another rig that had a bunch of electrical issues. The previous owner had taked the fron clip apart and didn't put it back together tight. It ended up corroding the ground wires and rusting the connection to the point that I only had a high-beam on one side. A little cleaning and tightening an everything works great.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I always thought that the ground for the headlight circuit is what runs thru the switch, not the positive. That's how it works on my old Ford anyway.:D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone it is all fixed now it was a faulty drl controller it seemed to have melted and damaged the connector to so i repalced the connector and drl and every thing seems to work now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts