Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
simple question really but I dont know

I have a set of OME shackles that came with my lift for my 1988 62 there are a smaller set and a bigger set, 2 of each wich ones go in the front.

I know the boxes say when you buy them but lost the boxes long time ago and wondered if anyone knew.

thanks
CAM:confused:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Theoretically, short ones in the front, long ones in the back.

When OME first came to the US market this left a lot of people dissatisfied, because the vehicle ends up with a pronounced forward tilt, called "the rake", which is supposed to compensate for the heavier loads in the Aussie market. A lot of people (including myself) corrected this by running two pairs of rear shackles (i.e. the longer ones), which balanced out the lift and yielded a little bit more height in the front.

Currently I'm running two pairs of FRONT (i.e. the shorter ones) shackles on my SO FJ62; I did this to try to reduce the overall lift, and because the springs are very flexy and the shorter shackle doesn't affect articulation. Both pairs of shackles sit at a near perfect angle, too, which I think helps with the overall quality of my ride.
In any case, the truck still has a pronounced rake when sitting level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts